When should kids start playing with Football Balls?

Football is really a wonderful sport and thoroughly enjoyed by every kid.

8

Football is a very popular game all throughout the world. And not just the adults, even kids love to play this game in their nearby parks or schools. Some kids even dream to make their career in the sport, just like their favorite players. And their parents also wish to see them achieve this feat.

But what is the right age for kids to actually start playing this game? You obviously cannot expect a 2 years old kid to start playing like champions. So when should kids actually get hands on the football balls and take this game competitively?

Best Age

Surprisingly, a kid can start playing the sport at the age of 3 to 5 years. During this time, parents can start playing the game with their kids at home itself with small footballs. You can check on sportsuncle.com about which size football will deem best for such aged kid.

This is also a tender age when kids can actually start learning well. At this age, kids have a mind to explore new things. And so, allowing them to play and explore the sport without any restrictions or rules is the best thing parents can do for them. Let them enjoy the game before they are introduced to the world of rules and team spirit.

Right Sizes

Football ball comes in varied sizes. You cannot give a child full fledged ball to play with. If it is too big for them, they won't be able to kick or pass the ball properly. And this might result in dissatisfaction and lowered confidence on self.

So when the child is below 8 years of age, use the ball having the size 3. And from 8 to 12 years kids can use the ball with size 4. And if the kids are above 12 years age, they are capable of playing with the ball of maximum size, size 5. This is the size adopted by all the players around the world.

Along with the ball size, you also need to have the right equipments and dress if you need to be on a safer side. And for kids, having such safety precautions become all the more necessary. Check out sportsuncle.com to have a look at what all equipments, safety gear and dresses would go best for your child.