When BTS Dropped An MV In The Middle Of My Class

Sometimes even the smallest things, like K-pop groups, can truly make your heart flutter.
75

I froze.

I took a quick glance at the hanging clock on the upper left wall. The clock read 10 a.m. I was in the middle of an excruciating scavenger hunt math practice when I noticed my phone screen light up, notifying me that there was a new video posted on my current favorite Korean app: VLive. I barely glanced at it, figuring that it would just be another live video of my Korean groups talking until my eyes laid on these very words: BTS “Young Forever” [MV]. My hands felt numb and my eyes dilated. Well aware of the fact that I was in the middle of class, I immediately opened the app and whipped out my earbuds, ready to listen to BTS’s angelic voices.

As I waited for the video to load, my fingertips were furiously tapping the table along with my foot on the floor. Christine, my best friend next to me, was wondering what on earth was making me act so frantic. I held the phone up right to my face, waiting for the video to load. Time passed and finally, the video loaded and I saw BTS, the ultimate Korean pop boy group I'm obsessed with.

The boys that I saw back in September 26, 2015, were in front of me again; however, this time, they were on my phone. As I watched the music video, I reminisced about the time when I saw them face-to-face. I still remember how I held hands with each and every one of time. I squealed each time as I saw one of the members appear on my phone screen as well as when I heard their beautiful voices. The way their deep and soulful voices ringed through my ears and their soulful raps spoke to me was unimaginable. Unlike other songs, their music spoke to me in the most harmonious way; I did not need to understand what they were saying to figure out their emotions in the song. Their beautiful voices told me everything.

This music video that I anticipated for over six months came out without any notice; no one in the fandom knew. Their company BigHit Entertainment released the last video of the trilogy of their The Most Beautiful Moments in Life album; this was when all of the mysteries would be solved: who died, who committed suicide, and who was the last one remaining. The music video replayed small clips of their past music videos in the trilogy: V floating in the water, Suga in the dull hotel room surrounded by flames and BTS running through the dark and dainty streets of Seoul.

Being the only K-pop fanatic in my math class, I had to fully contain my emotions and thoughts during the music video with the exception of my best friend. All I was able to do was to constantly pull on her shirt each time I saw each BTS member show up on my screen. However, Christine brought reality back to me and told me to hurry up and finish the scavenger hunt.

My conscious knew that she was right, but my heart refused to listen. Stubborn as ever, I retorted that the scavenger hunt could wait just a few more minutes. My friend rolled her eyes and turned back to her work, leaving me to watch the last few seconds when BTS was running into the horizon as sun began to fall. Then the screen went black, leaving me alone with my thoughts. My heart was fluttering; I could not think straight. My thoughts were scattered; I was unable to comprehend the mystery behind the trilogy. All I could do was press the replay button.

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All resemblance to actual people, places, incidents, or things is completely coincidental.