What Is Really Stopping you From Everything You Want To Accomplish

Maybe it is fear, maybe it's money, or perhaps it's you.

38

Personally, I have a long list of things I would love to do, some simpler than others. I would love to go back to school for the third time. I wish I could learn how to play the piano I begged my mother to buy me nearly ten years ago. I keep meaning to brush up on my Spanish. A small part of me wants to buy a ukulele and learn how to play.

On a smaller scale, I wish to finish writing this article without being distracted ten million times. I am sure I could come up with a dozen other things I should accomplish in my lifetime, and maybe while you too are reading this can think of a few for you.

I believe one of the biggest setbacks would be distractions. Life is so busy, and multitasking has become a second nature to everyone. I can cook, clean, hold a conversation and document it all of the social media at the same time. Impressive? No, not really.

For me all to often, I will sit down to do something, my phone will vibrate and then in a flash I am so deep into an Instagram account I forgot what I was doing in the first place. Also, other than knowing you're all caught up, binge-watching Game of Thrones will not help you accomplish anything. Trust me, I know.

Quite frequently, fear gets the best of me and I think a lot of other people too. Maybe you want to do something but you are afraid of failing or afraid of what someone might think.

As much as I would love to type on this keyboard the magical words that make the fear go away, I can't. So all I can say is, it will always be there but it is never something you should let hold you back from completing something you know it your heart and mind you should do.