The Life Of A College Fridge Is One I Wouldn't Want To Live, That's For Sure

College students are weird. What's in their fridge is weirder.

99

A normal college individual might have waters, maybe even a Gatorade or two in their college fridge. A slightly more normal college individual might have some other drinks in there. Now, how would you describe a college individual who stocks their fridge with a bulk bag of Jolly Ranchers?

Personally, I thought I was normal. I mean, uh... I thought this individual, who is definitely not me, was normal. Apparently not.

But let's examine what else has been in this mystery fridge.

1. A single banana

Yes, that's right. A sole banana occupied my fridge at one point in time. What can I say, I wanted potassium, and it was early in the semester, so I took a banana to go, then forgot about it for a week and I was left with a disgusting banana in my fridge that still leaves an odor to this day.

2. A gallon of chocolate milk

I have my own fridge. I had a gallon of chocolate milk in there. Connect the dots please so I don't have to...I drank a gallon of chocolate milk all by myself.

3. A baseball jersey

This is probably the weirdest one on here, so if you can get through this one without thinking I'm a sociopath, then congrats, we might be best friends.

Lemme give you the 4-1-1.

I had a baseball game early in the morning one day. I did my laundry that consisted solely of this jersey, so I really made some friends when I pulled out a single piece of clothing from the washing machine when the line was out the door. I was getting up early the next morning anyway, and all the dryers were filled up, so I figured I'd dry it in the morning since it would be early and there would be nobody using one. So I did.

But for some reason, the dryer kicked into maximum overdrive and when I got my jersey out, it was boiling. I had like 15 minutes before I needed to leave so I threw that sucker in my fridge.

4. My phone

This one might sound the weirdest, but someone out there has definitely done this, too, don't even get me started. I was on the phone with my mom for about an hour and a half, and I needed two meals to get me through that, so I dug into my fridge and as I hung up, I put my phone in the fridge and plugged my ham and swiss into my charger. Happens to the best of us.

5. A hat (AKA a makeshift ice pack)

College students are known for their improvisation skills. They can't afford a real meal, so they stockpile on ramen noodles and they have breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next month while only spending $1.12 (foreshadowing for the next point on this list).

In the same ballpark, me, a broke college student, couldn't afford to go to CVS and get an ice pack after smashing my head on a shelf in my closet, so I put a hat in my fridge and let the magic happen.

It didn't work at all, in case you were wondering, and I'm still convinced I have minor brain trauma.

6. Ramen noodles

Yup. You read that.

Let me explain with as few words as possible. Hungry and no money. Ramen.

I think I just created a new slogan for their company. If they're reading this I expect 10% royalties from next year's sales.

College students are weird. What's in their fridge is weirder. Or maybe that's just what I have in my fridge.