What Your Holy Grounds Order Says About You

Everyone at Villanova has their go-to drink, but what does it reveal about yourself?

712
Emily Washbourn

Holy Grounds, Villanova's beloved coffee shop on campus, is an essential part of any day. Whether you need a quick coffee pick-me-up after a long night of studying or just want to enjoy a nice hot or iced beverage, Holy Grounds has it all. I would take the bet that a majority of Villanova students get something from Holy Grounds every single say because it is just that important to life on campus. You can tell a lot about a person by what they order, so what does your Holy Grounds order say about you?

1. Black coffee

Somehow, you have convinced yourself that black coffee tastes good OR you want everyone to know that you're better than the half & half with ten packs of sugar coffee drinkers. Everyone thinks you're a little on the crazy side but you don't see it.

2. Iced tea with flavor

This drink screams spunky. You don't need the caffeine that comes with coffee but you like the pick me up that a flavor offers. You'll cringe a little after your first sip since all the flavor settled to the bottom, but after that, it is smooth sailing and you are ready to go sit by the Oreo with your friends.

3. Dirty Chai

You're boujee and you know it. Who is willing to spend an entire meal on one drink?? You. That's who. But if we are being honest, the taste is worth it. While it may look like a normal iced coffee, you know it's not and you feel superior for it.

4. Hot chocolate

Is it a little cold out or are you missing home? Cuddle up with a nice, warm hot chocolate and your goal of feeling like you are anywhere but the tundra that is Pennsylvania is fulfilled.

5. Two iced coffees

Are you getting both for yourself and saving one for later? Or are you getting one for a friend? Why did you put soy milk and stevia in one, like you are trying to be healthy, but then 2% milk and normal sugar in the other? You are a person who loves mystery and keeping people guessing, and your Holy Grounds order expresses that.

6. Coffee with a shot of espresso

"Are you okay??" should be the first words out of the barista's mouth when you order this. You either had a long night or have a long night ahead of you but either way, I think you may want to check into the health center for this one.

7. Two Smart Waters

You are either trying to efficiently use all of your meals before the end of the week or you are hungover. There is no in-between. Grabbing two Smart Waters in one meal is a bold move regardless of the context you are getting them in.

8. Oatmeal and a coffee

You are a practical human being. Grabbing a nice healthy breakfast with a coffee starts your day off right. You are a balanced and organized person who has their life together. But I have a question for you... how do you do it?!

9. Chocolate covered pretzels

It's been a long week. You know it, the barista knows it and your friends know it. Ordering only chocolate covered pretzels is a cry for help and I really hope someone gives you a hug.

10. Just a muffin

As you order this, you're going back and forth about using a meal or points even though it is Sunday and you have five meals left. With all this in mind, you still choose to use points and then question why you are all out of them with a month left in school. You're probably still confused about your meal plan, despite not being a freshman, and life in general.

11. Two hot teas, an iced coffee, a bag of gummy worms and one peppermint patty

You mistakenly told your group of friends that you were going to Holy Grounds and were going to use a meal, so of course everyone had to get their orders in. You probably had to use some points on this one and may be feeling a little salty, but your friends make up for it with a warm thank you and some hugs.