What Your Typical College Halloween Costume Says About You

Creep it real and admit it.

256
Edgar Perez on Unslpash

Congratulations. You made it nearly halfway through the semester. With most of our midterms finally done and over with, Halloween is just around the corner. What does Halloween mean to us? It means to dress up (or dress down) and forget that your GPA is going down, slowly, but surely.

As soon as we started to run out of bar clothes to wear, Halloween gave us an excuse to dig deep into our closet and finally wear that bodycon we've been meaning to wear. To top it off, we can act like a total freak and not get shamed for it (because it's all from the costume, right?).

Whether you're finishing off your Halloween nights with a trick or a treat, it takes a type of person to show some costumes off. Indulge in my very broad stereotypes and take a peek at what your Halloween costume says about you this year.

1. Alien

ET, phone TF home. This costume looks bomb, mostly because it gives you an excuse to drench yourself in glitter and brightly colored face paint. If you're wearing this costume one night this weekend, I'm guessing you're planning on escaping this freaking planet and getting belligerent.

Whether you're being an alien because you genuinely aspire to be one in the near future, or you're just trying to give an excuse to wear your neon skater skirt, either way, you plan on escaping all of your priorities and obligations down on planet earth. Love you to the moon and back boo.

2. Baewatch Babe

It's a comfy costume right? Although this costume has been extremely overplayed, I can totally understand why hopping into a one piece is so tempting. You don't have to worry about your stomach showing and if you get wet you won't have to worry about your costume getting ruined.

Let's be real though, Baewatch babes this Halloween are thirsty (for water, alcohol, and f**kboys). It's no surprise that lifeguards are thirsty for some sex-on-the-beach action. Show off your scandalous swimsuit and let's get ~aquatic~.

3. Vampire

Every vampire I've met at Halloween parties are downright demonic. This is an excuse to let your freak fly and actually creep someone out. Whether you pull off the fake blood and the fangs or not, this costume will turn you into an actual badass.

People who dress up as vampires this Halloween are not scared of what people think of them. When you genuinely like the look of you looking like a freaking maniac, you dont care if it'll earn you a f**kboy or not. Everyone else, ~suck~ on that.

4. Cat

Cat ears off and claws out, this costume is truly a been there-done that. If you're a cat this year, you better freaking pull it off. I've seen enough black outfits at DJ's and Harry's to last me for the rest of my time here on earth. It's Hallo-freaking-ween, get creative.

5. Couple Costume with the Roomie

If you're pairing a costume with your roomie this weekend, you genuinely just want to have a good time. You love your roomie to death and since your costumes go together, you know you won't leave her side all night. This costume shows love, care for your roomie, and absolute commitment. Props to you.

6. The Classic Frat Boy

This is a bold move, it really is. If you're dressing as a frat boy and plan on actually attending a frat party this weekend, I really hope no one mistakes you for their brother. I find this costume funny AF if they're done right. Overall, you're clearly looking for some new buddies to blaze up with. Bonus points if you bring one home.

7. Angel/Devil

It really doesn't matter which one you are. If you're an angel, I'll think you're lying and think too much of yourself. If you're the devil, I'll question why you didn't choose to be an angel instead. It's honestly an ongoing cycle for me. Either way, both costumes require a lot of soul-searching to find out who you want to be for the night. Best of luck to you.

8. Any Food Item

This is the living and breathing costume that proves that you truly are what you eat. Whether you're a fruit or some form of candy, you see yourself as something that might be mistaken for something that's found at Kimmel. You're not only creative, but you also want to get eaten TF up this Halloween.

9. Emoji

If you're wearing an emoji this season, I would say you're a pro over text, but once you're stuck with face-to-face conversation, you freeze up. An emoji costume is a clear indication you live by symbols that show off any sign of emotion because you can't show it off yourself. Either way, rock out your poop emoji, laughing emoji, or heart emoji. Go wild and get ~mobile~.

10. Princess

Bow down, witches. If you're a princess this season, you're looking to get treated like damn royalty, because that's what you deserve. Thanks to your tiara, you feel elegant AF and plan on peaking this weekend.

No L's this Halloween. Claps to you for raising your standards, this Halloween is meant for you to peak like no other. Everyone else is a peasant. Reach for the stars. Who knows, maybe you'll find your Prince Charming? #mumpszn though.