Preparing for college is a stressful thing. You're moving away from home and don't even know what to bring with you. Here are some (hopefully) helpful tips on what you really should bring with you on your big move.

1. Mini Fridge

You may think it is expensive, but it's totally worth it. Cold beverages in the middle of the night is the most amazing thing.

2. Shower Caddy

All of your shower items in one place. Amazing.

3. Mattress Pad

Dorm beds are like laying on bricks covered in small pebbles. Uncomfortable.

4. Ethernet Cable

Faster Wifi with the awful University internet.

5. HDMI Cord

Connect you laptop to the TV and watch Netflix.

6. Deck of Cards

That is a must for life in general. Just always have cards.

7. At least one board game

It is a great way to make friends and pass time.

8. Decent speaker

Background music is a great thing when working on projects. Or jam sessions with your roommate.

9. Liquid Laundry Detergent

THE PODS DO NOT WORK IN THE UNIVERSITY MACHINES.

10. Water bottle and Coffee mugs

If you don't have a coffee maker someone you meet will.

11. Spare chargers

You will lose them. You may be really good at keeping chargers forever, but you will leave it somewhere and it will disappear.

12. A good pair of headphones

Dorms can get really loud, and having a good pair of headphones to block out the noise is amazing.

13. Rain Gear

You walk everywhere: to class, to get food, to the library, to a friend's dorm. Everywhere. If you get stuck with no rain gear you are going to get soaking wet in 30 seconds.

14. Apple Music or Spotify

They offer student discounts. The amount of music you will go through is high so why pay for each song. Also they have playlists you can download and listen to.

15. Extra hygiene products

Deodorant, tooth paste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, feminine care, lotion. Bring extra of all of it.