I'm sitting in my bed and the clock reads 5:38 p.m. As much as I want to write something beautiful and poetic for everyone to marvel at, I just can't think of anything. Some weeks I'm prompted with so many different ideas that my fingers can't type fast enough to keep up with the thoughts that are spilling out of my mind. Other weeks, I feel like how I'm feeling right now and I'm unable to think about anything that's even worth putting down on paper. And that's okay.

Do you think that every time Shakespeare picked up a pen he wrote something magnificent? Highly unlikely. I seriously doubt that Chbosky or Twain loved every piece of theirs that they wrote, so why should I? I could write something so terrible right now, publish it, and then read it over and over while hating it in the process. Instead, I'm choosing to do something different and (kind of) write about nothing. When I tell people that my major is English related, they look at me like I got the luck of the pot. Sure, reading different scripts and writing essays is a little easier than doing quantum physics problems, but sometimes it's difficult to get what you want to say out on paper.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you feel like you don't have anything to write about, you still probably have something to write about. Look at me; I'm writing about not having anything to write about and I'm doing just fine. Look at the world around you and gain inspiration. That sounds extremely cheesy, but something will probably come to you in some way or another. Plug your headphones in, listen to your favorite music, and just type (or write, whatever suits your fancy). Something is bound to come to your mind.

Even when I don't know what I'm doing, I still kind of know what I'm doing, and that pretty much sums up my life. I never know what life is going to throw at me, just like I don't always have an idea in my head when I go to write a paper or an article. That's okay. We aren't supposed to have it all figured out in the first place. And that's the beauty of it. Sometimes spur of the moment turns out to be a good thing. So when you want to write but don't know what you want to write about, just sit and let the words flow. They don't have to make sense and they don't have to correlate with anything because nothing in life is perfect anyways.