What To Expect On "The Walking Dead" Depending On Who Negan Killed

So many potential victims, so many potential plotlines.

37
AMC

Alert: Spoilers ahead.

The last episode of The Walking Dead that aired left viewers incredibly peeved by ending it on a dramatic cliffhanger. Honestly, though, how else were they suppose to end it? We were left in first person perspective as blood ran down the screen after Negan beat the unknown character with his barbed wire baseball bat, named Lucille. Season seven is coming up, and there the fans who have endured so much will find out who was killed off. So, depending on who was murdered, the show can take on different paths and affect the other characters on the show. Here's what will (possibly) happen on the show depending on who kissed Lucille goodbye.

Abraham

If Abraham dies then Sabraham shippers will mourn. Sasha will mourn too, and after losing one boyfriend and her brother she might even develop this “everyone I love dies” mentality. This mentality can cause her to disappear (to hopefully make a kickass reappearance that possibly saves everyone) or she can end her life, not because she can't live without Abraham, but because three strikes and she's out.

Fans will mourn Abraham’s extreme gingerness and that blunt, teddy bear-esque attitude. Who else can bring the humor to the show and give nicknames like "porch dick?" He would be a good choice for the producers to kill off though because he has been around long enough for fans to love him and mourn for him more than the last few characters who've died, but the show would still be able to move on without him (and not lose fans).

Aaron

Aaron is the token gay character you know but sometimes forget the name of, and if he were to die not too many fans would mourn him but what's a show without even the slightest homoeroticism? Not only that, but Aaron has so much room to develop as a character and it would almost be a cop out to kill him.

Nonetheless, if he were the unlucky choice then viewers would be a little disappointed in the undramatic murder because Aaron has not developed that much on the show. If he died, then he would either just fall off the face of the show as if he didn't exist (where is his partner anyway at this point?) or it would be an over the top mourning episode that fans would roll their eyes at the way they rolled their eyes at the over the top death of Deanna.

Carl

If Carl died some people would say "it's about time" and others would say "I hope Rick doesn't go crazy like he did after Lorri died." However, if Carl died then the show would have a huge change in it considering Rick is basically the main character and he would probably go even more crazy than before. That could be really cool to see, as in maybe he manages to save everyone all by himself in a kickass way, or it'll be a dramatic, constantly sobbing montage of Rick losing his shit.

Carl probably doesn't though. He still has to have that girlfriend get freaky with his eye like in the comic books remember? We know the writers of the show are just waiting to use that one. Plus, Negan doesn't kill children in the comics, and Carl can still be considered a child.

Eugene

If Eugene died it would be a very mournful death, and many people think he was the poor victim by how much screen time he received in the final episode. They made him out to be a hero of some sorts, and that's reason enough to believe they killed him, because how crummy is it to kill one of the characters that really didn't get a proper farewell. Eugene literally said his goodbyes to some of the other characters before he went off on his own as a distraction.

Eugene dying is similar to Abraham dying. The show will go on, fans will mourn, but otherwise it won't be as big as we are expecting it to be. We want a main character to die but we also don't want a main character to die, you know?

Rosita

Rosita dying would be a cop out because otherwise her function in the show would to just be thrown out the window. She just got dumped, but that doesn't mean she's ready to die. Her death would be disappointing in the way Aaron's death would be, even though she's been on the show longer (let me see that thing called "character development" writers). Rosita is tough and sexy, let's maybe make her a bit more than that before offing her, you know? Plus, there just wouldn't be that much affect from her death, and that's what the show needs.

Sasha

Apparently in the comic books Negan doesn't kill women or children as I mentioned above, so we'll have to see if the writers changed that or not for the show. However, Sasha dying means Sabraham shippers will mourn, (it's awesome for a show to have one interracial couple but this show has multiple! Let's keep it that way!) and other people will be like "I kind of forgot about her" even though in reality she's pretty kickass. It would be a shame to kill her off because she as well has so much more room to develop, and it wouldn't have a whole lot of affect on the show. It would be sad, sad in the way Dale died or T-Dog died, but not as sad as the way Herschel died or Beth died (still not over Beth's death, to be honest, and that family has been through enough. Speaking of that family...).

Maggie

Again, in the comics Negan doesn't kill women and children, so it's crazy to think he would kill a woman carrying a child, but let's not act like this show hasn't pushed boundaries before (RIP Lizzie). In the comics, Glenn dies at the hands of Negan, so Maggie dying would be a slight twist on it, but also like a completely awful, disgusting twist. I mean Game of Thrones already did the "murder the pregnant woman" before in a more graphic way than The Walking Dead would do, so is it necessary to kill her? Her entire family is already dead, please just let her have her own.

If Maggie died, then in reality a lot of the plot in season six would be thrown out the window. Maggie had plot development! She was going to lead and take on an even bigger role! Some characters are only written in just to die. Maggie dying would mean some people might not watch the show anymore, and who knows what Glenn would do? The whole reason the group was travelling was to get her medical help. Her dying would be incredibly ironic...which is one reason why the writers would kill her off. Let's also not forget the clip shown at New York Comic Con that shows a ring and a pocket watch after Negan's kill. Maybe the show really does want to go to the extreme and murder a pregnant woman.

Glenn

Glenn is so lovable. He has a new family. He already almost died early on in season six. But still, he dies in the comic books. So we have to see if the writers stuck with the comics or went on their own way. If Glenn dies, then that probably means the writers want to stick a little closer to the comics, which isn't a bad idea at this point since a lot of fans have been disappointed by some of the previous episodes.

Glenn dying means a little piece of him is in his unborn child, so at least he would never be forgotten, and Maggie can totally handle death since her whole damn family has died (still not over it!). In reality, Glenn dying would be a not so bad idea. He is a main character, one of the only characters left from season one, the show could move on without him, a lot of people would be pissed, but people probably wouldn't stop watching. Still, we just want Glenn and Maggie to have a family.

Michonne

Richonne shippers (including myself) would literally scream at their television (including myself). Rick and Michonne just got together, and although Michonne is so much more than her love life, let's not act like Rick doesn't need her. Remember when she knocked Rick out when he was going a little nuts? Yeah, Rick needs a woman who can put him in his place, and that woman is Michonne. Essentially, the show would fail without her and I would cry if she were the victim. Her death could possibly top Beth's death in my book.

Also, I think fans are getting a little annoyed at Rick's craziness. He could possibly go nuts the way he did after Lorri died (he should go more nuts over Michonne, just saying), and we just want to see him act like a normal human being for once. He hasn't been that human recently. Michonne dying means an even more dramatic, psycho Rick, and nobody wants that. Let Michonne live to put Rick in his place, please.

Rick

It's not Rick. Let's just get that straight. Rick doesn't die. However, if he did die then...wow! The writers of the show sure love being unique! If Rick died then surprise! Season seven actually only has one episode that lasts for the few minutes Rick dies and then it's probably over with a little montage of sorts at the end playing over some Fray song maybe.

As much as some people can't stand Rick (CORRRAL) he basically is the show. He will die when the show dies. He is The Walking Dead, the same way Jenny was basically The L Word; she died when the show died (yes I did just reference a lesbian drama showin an article about a zombie apocalypse television show).

Rick doesn't die.

Daryl

If Daryl died I can just imagine my dad sitting on the couch in the living room, shaking his head saying "Man..." a couple of times before he gets up to go to the kitchen to get a Dr. Pepper (maybe a beer or glass of Maker's Mark in this case). Anyway, Daryl is just too damn popular, and a lot of people might not continue watching, or they will watch the show but couldn't go a few minutes without complaining.

However, Daryl might die. For one thing, Norman Reedus has another show, and Daryl wasn't intended on being super popular. We know it's probably going to be someone major (if not, it'll be disappointing), and Daryl might be a good choice. A lot of people would be incredbly angry, but if Glenn or Maggie died then that would be very effective whereas Daryl would mostly just have an affect on the audience. In reality, despite how popular he is and how awesome he is, the show could go on without him, even if we don't want it to. Just look at it this way. Daryl dying means he can go hand out with Beth and his brother (if you believe in that kind of thing, and that doesn't mean anything really because they're fictional characters and the writers wouldn't write about that anyway). Daryl might die y'all, and considering he appeared on The Talking Dead...his chances at living are not looking good.

Did I miss anyone? What do you think will happen? Were you also drinking a little Sprite and Chambord while reading this the way I was writing it? Share in the comments below!