Turkey Legs Are Overrated. Here’s What You Should Be Eating at Disney World.

6 Foods You Should Be Eating At Disney World Instead Of Turkey Legs

Forget turkey legs, churros, and popcorn buckets; here's what you really need to be chowing down during your Walt Disney World visit.

21

Disney World is filled with restaurants, food carts, and quick service stops, so don't waste your dining plan credits on boring food! People often lean towards the obvious foods, but there are so many more food items to explore.

So instead of going for the obvious turkey leg or churro, expand your taste pallets while you're on your magical vacation!

1. Norwegian Schoolbread

This sweet treat can be found at the Kringla bakery in the Epcot World Showcase Norway pavilion, just across from Anna and Elsa meet and greets. Schoolbread tastes like a cinnamon roll but is topped with toasted coconut and buttery icing.

2. Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious!

Not only is the grey stuff, cookies and cream mousse, delicious but it is also accompanied by two other desserts in the Be Our Guest restaurant’s dessert trio. Alongside the grey stuff, you’ll find a raspberry macaron and a dark chocolate raspberry truffle. The stained glass drawing on the platter is edible as well, as it is actually made of fondant!

3. Pop Century’s Whoopi’s Pie

Don't underestimate the snacks you'll find in your resort! At Pop Century Resort, you'll find tie-dyed cheesecakes, cupcakes with mountains of icing, and these adorable whoopie pies! They come in vanilla (pictured above) and chocolate.

4. Dad’s Chocolate Cake

This rich, decadent chocolate cake can be found at the 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. This restaurant may be one of the most fun dining experiences in Disney World!

In the waiting area, you'll really feel like you're sitting in the living room of a house in the fifties, and the waiters and waitresses treat you like you're their family, as in telling you to keep your elbows off the table.

5. Strawberry Soup

I was wary of this at first. I thought maybe it was just called that because of the color, but it isn't! Strawberry Soup can be found at the 1900 Park Fare Character dinner, where you'll meet Cinderella and friends! This is part of the main course buffet, but it tastes more like a dessert.

6. Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cookie

This is easily my most favorite thing I ate at the Epcot World Showcase. The Karamel-Küche bakery in the Germany pavilion is all about caramel. This dark chocolate cookie is filled with caramel, as well as having caramel drizzled over the top.