To The Odyssey Creator Who Doesn't Know What To Write About

Because we all get writers block.

23

Today everything is overdone and full of cliches, you don't want to add to that pile because then no one will want to read what you wrote!

There's nothing wrong with creating content just for you, but on a platform where you're getting published and sharing your work, you want viewers.

Here are some things to think about the next time you have writer's block:

1. Why are you writing?

Think about why you write, or more importantly why you started?

Feedback can change your writing overtime so erase all that you've heard or read about your work and go back to why you started writing in the first place.

2. What's your writing style?

What's your favorite thing to write about?

Lifestyle, health and wellness, Greek life, politics, relationships, reviews?

Odyssey has a place for all types of writing and you can certainly change up your content every week, but sometimes it's easier to pick a niche and build your pieces around it!

3. What would you want to read?

Think about what you've gone through, or what you're going through and write about what you would want to hear.

Write about what you've learned so you can help others get through similar situations.

4. Create content that's timely

Is it back to school season, formal recruitment or spring break?

Everyone wants to know what or what NOT to bring with you on move-in day and how your sorority experience went.

When your content is timely, it's more likely to be searched for and read.

5. Think about what's going on around you

Good writers look at the world differently than most people, they're constantly present and analyzing what's going on around them.

Look deeper at your everyday life and I promise you'll find the inspiration you're looking for.

Remember each article doesn't have to be insanely long and hard-hitting, but you should do your best to make every article something that you would want to read, and when in doubt go for a listicle!

Happy writing!