7 Things You’ll Forget To Pack For Your Next Beach Vacation

7 Things You’ll Forget To Pack For Your Next Beach Getaway

What NOT to leave at home.

396

Summer is the time to explore, adventure, de-stress and enjoy the sun before reverting into an Eskimo in the winter. As I head to Hilton Head this week, here are seven things you're GUARANTEED to forget if you're planning a summer excursion:

1. Sunhat

Whether it be a baseball hat, a big floppy straw hat or a visor you grab last minute, you're going to want something to throw on after getting sand and salt in your hair. Also, no one wants to get their head sunburned on the first day of vacation…not speaking from personal experience or anything…

2. Beach chairs

Sometimes, let's be honest, a towel ain't cutting it. Make sure to grab a couple collapsible lawn chairs to throw in your trunk before heading off for your vacation. Trust me, you'll want them once you're there!

3. Waterproof speaker

This is a must! Having some quiet music or party music can really change the mood and make things more fun, especially if you're going with your girlfriends and want to relax on the beach. Pretty much everyone has some sort of small waterproof speaker, and it can make for a fun road trip!

4. After-sun lotion/aloe

Everyone tells themselves they won't get burned or they'll put sunscreen on every hour, but if you forget once or twice, after-sun lotion and aloe are both great items to bring in case you get a little pink. Also, the more moisturized your skin is, the less likely it is that your gorgeous glow will fade, and you can keep your tan longer.

5. Toothbrush

Somehow I seem to forget this one on every trip... Don't be me! Grab it before you leave! TRUST ME!

6. Razor

This should be obvious, but it often gets overlooked. Make sure to throw this trusty sidekick in your bag before you set out!

7. Charger

I've forgotten my phone/watch/computer chargers so many times it's ridiculous. Make sure to grab these before you leave! You'll want to take pics, and you won't be able to when your phone is dead (womp womp). A small portable charger can also come pretty handy when you're on the beach.

Anything I'm forgetting? Comment below what your beach essentials are! Also, what's your favorite beach to go to on vacation?

As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.