Summer has passed and Finland starts to grow ever darker. Among other things, this also means that it is time again for the annual Slush festival in Helsinki. This year will be the tenth anniversary festival, which means that Slush 2017 is going to be something to behold.

For those, who don't yet know what Slush is, I just have to ask is your home address under a rock? Slush is a startup and tech event that brings the finest that technology industry has to offer to you with thousands of startup companies and investors trying to be in with the next big thing. Want to be part the best new game company developing the next Angry Birds, the new Finnish casinos or the new Clash of Clans, want to be part of the technical revolution that changes how we do everyday things or just want see what the future holds, then Slush is the place for you.

The best of the best

So what can you expect to see in Slush? To make it short, anything and everything. To be more accurate, you will get to hear panels and see highly influence and accomplished speakers tell their stories and learn from them. This year the list of speakers will be better than ever and the headliner will be the former Vice President of the United States and a big tech-head, Al Gore himself.

On the list there is also Tracy Chou, the tech lead of Pinterest, Will Marshall, the CEO of Planet Labs, Adena Friedman, the President and CEO of Nasdaq, Mikael Silvanto, industrial designer at Apple and the list goes on. These are the people who have made some major changes in the technological world that we live in and continue to do so. These are the people who we need to listen.

Technological advancement and business opportunities

Slush is not just about listening to other people speak. It is about finding the best ideas and becoming a part of them. There are numerous startups fighting for your interest and investments to bring a better future for everyone. These startups will represent the best of the tech business we have today. The best upcoming online services, the best new ideas for user experiences, the best Finnish internet casino, the best new game companies, in short, the best future.

You have the amazing opportunity to join these ventures on the ground level. Previous startups that have begun their life in Slush Festivals have grown to become an important part of the current digital user experience. From small digital solutions to large tech companies, Slush has been the first big step these companies have taken.

Like they say themselves, "Nothing normal changed a damn thing". So make sure that you are among the people who will make the change, make sure you are in Helsinki starting November 30th.