What The Holidays Mean To Me After My First Semester Of College

Is it the presents? Spending quality time with your loved ones? Maybe it’s having a break from work?
35

With Christmas coming and passing all so fast, like it does every year, it gets people thinking. Everyone hypes up the holidays and being with family, and the presents. It makes people sit back and realize what the holidays really mean to them. Is it the presents? Spending quality time with your loved ones? Maybe it’s having a break from work? These can all make up things to someone that makes them think what the holidays mean to them.

What do the holidays mean to me? Well ever since I was born I have celebrated Christmas with my family. Not that we’re very religious, but we have always celebrated Christmas. Now how we’ve spent the holidays has changed drastically over the year but we have always spent it with family. Christmas to me means being around the people that you love and just spending those little moments together. Since I’ve gone away to college family get-togethers have been different. Now all I talk about at family gatherings is how school is going and stuff about school. I wish we could have a family gathering where I’m not bombarded with questions about school.

Even though I’m away at school my holidays are still spent the same. I’m still spending my holidays with my family and eating good food. This is what my holidays mean to me. Now this can be similar to other people but that’s the beauty of the holidays; the meaning behind them are all gonna be different for everyone.