What Springfield, Missouri Has Offered Me

This is what Springfield, MO has offered to me in the 7 months that I've been here.

2

I have only been in Springfield for 7 months. It has been the best "college town" that I can think of. Even better than my hometown "college town", Edwardsville, IL. (SIUE) I have felt so comfortable here and I know I still have so much more of Springfield to explore.

Coffee Shops Galore

If you're ever looking for a good coffee shop to go to, we have a TON of them here. All of theses coffee shops below are comfy, homey, and fits that perfect aesthetic you're looking for while you're doing your homework/studying.

Mudhouse- This one is downtown and it may be hard to find a parking spot but it's so worth driving around for 10 minutes to find a good spot.

Potter's House- This place is just off campus, right across National, and it is an amazing place to just hangout, relax and enjoy a iced vanilla latte with some good friends.

The Coffee Ethic- This coffee shop is so simple that it's relaxing. Some coffee shops have a lot going on with a bunch of plants and succulents. But The Coffee Ethic is perfect for those types of simplistic people.

Traveller's House Coffee & Tea- There is one just off campus, near Potter's House. It's below an apartment building which is so fun, maybe I'll live there so I can come downstairs and get coffee everyday. Traveller's reminds me of a more homey version of Starbucks, so take that as you like.

Eurasia Coffee and Tea- This one is on Historic C-Street and if you're looking to go to a coffee shop to take pictures for your VSCO, this is the perfect shop for you!

Restaurants on Restaurants on Restaurants

Who doesn't love a good local restaurant. Take this as your one stop shop for everything restaurants.

Bambino's- Do NOT go to the one on Battlefield. Your expectations for Bambino's will be so low. If you want a good plate of pasta or a good greek salad (my personal favorite) please go to Bambino's on Delmar. The pasta, the salad, the bread with the olive oil. All of it is amazing.

Big Whiskey- If you're going to go here, get their spinach queso dip. That is my advice. Also if you go on your birthday you will get a free skillet brownie!

Black Sheep- So filling yet so good. Amazing burgers, amazing shakes. Do I need to say more?

Druff's- I know everyone loves a good grilled cheese. How about different types of grilled cheese? You can get any grilled cheese with basically anything you want on it and don't pass up on the homemade tomato soup!

Bair's- Yes, this might just be another ordinary sports bar. But have you seen any ordinary sports bar with 35 DIFFERENT BURGERS?! Exactly.

Churches

I have never, been to any town, city or village that has had so many churches. In Springfield, there are so many churches on every single corner, churches right next to each other. One day I want to count all the churches here, but I will for sure lose count.

Art

If you've ever been to downtown Springfield, you know what I'm talking about. The art work throughout downtown is so beautiful, and as an ex art student; it's so nice to see so many diverse kinds of art work.

Nail Salons

I'm a type of girl who always has her nails done. You'll never see me without a fresh set. I swear and live by one salon in Springfield and that is Glitz. I will go there as long as I'm still in Springfield and I live by that. Not to be biased but they do be making your nails look reaaaal good.

The People

Please, and I am begging you, meet new people when you get here. Everyone here is so incredibly nice, at least everyone I have met. Don't be scared to go out and make new friends and meet new people, you will make so many connections!

If you have an opportunity to visit Springfield, Missouri you should take it and make the most out of it.