5 Things Millennials Need To Be In Order To Improve The World We Live In

Sometimes we just need a little reminder of who we can be, that we deserve to be better people and that we need to grow and learn with people who actually care about us.

45
Unsplash

We come into this world not by choice, but by fate. But why? Did we ever stop to think about why we were the chosen ones, why we were destined to live, and why we were born in this generation?

My generation was created through multitudes of technology and a desire to impress others in order to preserve our own sanity. But sometimes we just need a little reminder of who we can be, that we deserve to be better people and that we need to grow and learn with people who actually care about us. Life is too short to just waste and spend it on the wrong people that don't deserve our attention.

1. We are inspiring.

We might not know it, but when we were born, our family might have thrown a party for us or bragged about us to their friends or neighbors. Why is that? Because we were simply a type of brightness cast upon the darkness of the night, a pure soul to wash away any type of sins our family may have made. To them, we were another chance, a chance to be reborn and live again.

2. We are kind and friendly.

At first, not all of us may seem like it, but we tend to try to be. In retrospect, it might seem impossible, but think about it this way: treat others the way you want to be treated. Does this motto not touch the souls of everyone, that we are born into a messy world, but yet we don't help each other?

3. We are emotional creatures.

Turns out, we were born in a time of terrorist attacks, and yet we still made it out alive. That doesn't determine what happens to us in the future, though. We lost so many people in the time of 9/11, but we still pushed through. Donald Trump is president and we are still surviving.

Mental note: if you can survive Donald Trump, you can survive anything.

4. We believe in the rights of people (regardless of who they are)

Whether someone is LGBTQ, disabled, economically disadvantaged, or any other term, everyone deserves what they want in life. We shouldn't be disturbed by how people view us, look at us, or judge us internally because that's their business and theirs alone. We were all born equal and it's society that's convincing us otherwise. We all deserve to breathe, have fun, study, and play games, without anyone else telling us to stop.

5. We are activists.

There is not one generation that I found more active than ours. Even though we are, in another sense, lazy from the older generations because of social media attempting to drive us, social media brings us the joys of fighting for the people/groups/organizations that we support.

We march through the city with posters because we saw it on the internet. We tell others what we believe in because we want them to believe the same thing. We keep our beliefs to ourselves but that doesn't mean we forget about them.

Living life does not mean that once we approach something difficult, we cannot go past it. We can, but we must find the will within ourselves.