What Services Do Expert Plumbing Technicians Provide?
News

It doesn't matter if you're a homeowner or a business owner, at some point you're going to need the services of a plumbing technician.

5

But what do these plumbing service technicians actually provide? And more importantly, what should you look for when hiring one? In this post, we'll take a closer look at the services that expert plumbing technicians provide and what you need to consider before hiring one.

So whether you're dealing with a minor leak or trying to figure out where that weird noise is coming from, read on for some helpful tips!

1. General plumbing services

A general plumber will provide you with emergency plumbing service if you have a leaky faucet or toilet issue. He/she may also offer some maintenance services such as cleaning your drains and unclogging them. But they would not offer any specialized plumbing work such as installing water softeners or adding insulation to pipes. These kinds of jobs should be done by a licensed plumber.

2. Emergency plumbing services

An expert plumbing technician can offer emergency plumbing repair services. If you experience a pipe breakage or burst, then he/she can check the entire house to make sure no water damage has occurred. If he/she does find any damage, he/she would fix the problem immediately.

3. Residential plumbing services

When you call an expert plumbing technician to do residential plumbing repairs, he/she will first inspect the whole home to make sure there are no other issues before starting the repairs. Once he/she discovers the culprit behind the problem, he/she would look at the root of the problem. Then he/she would fix whatever it is that causes the leak or problem.

4. Commercial plumbing services

If you need commercial plumbing repair, you can hire an expert plumbing technician who specializes in commercial plumbing. You could ask him/her to visit your place of business periodically to check for leaks and other problems. Or you can let him/her know about any leaks that occur frequently and have him/her take care of them.

5. Water line installation

One of the things people often forget about their water system is the waterline. Sometimes, the waterline breaks which causes water to spill out of your fixtures. An expert plumbing technician can install a new water line to prevent this from happening again.

6. Backflow prevention

Backflow prevention devices help prevent sewage from entering your home’s drinking water supply. In fact, these devices are often required by law depending on where you live. When a backflow prevention device is installed correctly, it stops contaminated water from flowing backwards into your drinking water system. If you don't have backflow prevention, you risk getting sick or having someone else get sick.

7. Drain cleaning

Toilet clogs can be extremely frustrating especially if it happens when you're visiting someone's house. Not only is it annoying to have to go somewhere else to use the bathroom, but it can also cause serious public health risks. Toilets are easily clogged due to the buildup of hair, soap scum, and food particles. A professional plumbing technician can clean your drains and toilets using high-pressure steam.

If you're searching for a "plumber near me," be sure to ask about the lead plumbing technician's experience and qualifications. You should also inquire about the type of services they offer and whether they're able to complete the job quickly.