9 Things My Relationship With My Girlfriend Have Taught Me

I'm so lucky to have you.

1811
personal image
Personal Photo

You go through life expecting to find the one. Before finding that person you think you'll meet like a fairy tale, but truthfully, finding the one sometimes happens by chance, when you least expect it. It could be your lowest point in life and that person walks in to your life and you never want to look back; that's where Jessica came in. I met Jessica earlier this year, at a time I don't really like to speak about. I turned 18, was applying for colleges, and was going through a break up like no other. Jessica walked into my life and I felt a wave of relief over me, I knew she was going to be special and that is just what she is. This is what she has taught me, and even what being with her has taught me. I wouldn't want it any other way.

1. Your partner should be part of your support system

pixels

Whether they are your only support system or some of it, your choices in life that you make to better yourself should be supported by your S.O. When your S.O supports your decisions, then ultimately they want you to better yourself just as much as you do. This is so important.

2. Sleeping alone sucks!

pixels

Once you get that dose of sleeping next to your S.O, you never want to sleep alone again! If you know, you know.

3. There is suppose to be more laughs than cries

pixels

Of course there are the hard days, but more often there are laughs. So so many laughs. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

4. You feed off of each others interests and learn so much from them. 

pixels

You get introduced to new music, movies, topics and even get to know where they came from. You learn what they love, and most of the time you begin to love these things, too.

5. When your S.O loves your family as much as you do, you are winning. 

pixels

She's like my moms other daughter, and my sisters other sibling. Her and my sister bicker like sisters and my mom cares for her like her child. I admire this, and its wonderful if you are family oriented.

6. There is not supposed to be competition between you and your partner

pixels

Embrace each other, love your S.O on their bad days and they better love you on yours. Don't compare yourself to them, motivate each other. Remember who you both are as individuals and grow together as people.

7. Jealousy is okay, but not when it pushes the limits

pixels

There is a healthy amount of jealousy that should be allowed in a relationship, and both sides need to communicate to talk it out, I am lucky to be able to communicate effectively with my S.O, which leads me to my next point.

8. Communication is key

pixels

You may see this in many, many other articles, but it's completely true and its important to be communicative with your partner. Disagreements should be talked out, and your relationship should be considered important to both parties, so this is key.

9. Love has many layers

pixels

Love is about understanding, communicating, trusting, loyalty, and intending to share your life with this person. It is about loving on the good and bad days, and realizing that not everyday is the same.