What Music Means To Me

What Music Means To Me

Music deserves to be praised.
149

As many of you know, I have struggled with personal issues such as depression and anxiety, but there has been one thing there for me the entire time. That is music. Everyone has something that has helped them overcome all of their hardships-- whether it was expressing it through art, or using it as a motivator for sports. Music has been the thing to help me overcome all of my hardships, and it still is today.

To me, music isn't just some notes and words put together that make a song. It is someone's mind being carried out by beautiful noises, and a way to express whatever feeling they want. Someone's heart and soul goes into everything they write and I feel as if that is something that is not mentioned enough when someone comes out with something new. It is something that once written down, recorded and shared will never go away. And knowing that, the person who has created it deserves positive attention for their masterpiece.

Music has always been there for me. No matter what mood I'm in, or what has happened to me I know I can go find that one song that will help me get through it. One of my favorite things about music is that sometimes it finds you. You know, when you're driving in the car and there is that feeling of calmness. Then whatever station you're listening to, or whatever comes on your phone is the song that fits perfectly in that moment. It's like the music knows you need it right then and there to make the memory. That in itself makes music so important to me.

Without music, I would not have a lot of the role models I do today. I would not know of these people who have faced things in their lives that I can relate to, or those who I would like to be like someday. Overall, music has made everything better for me. It has never let me down, and I do not ever expect it to. It is something that will lie within me forever, and that I will never let die.