6 facts you may not know about erectile dysfunction

about erectile dysfunction

30

Want to know more about erectile dysfunction? Here are some interesting facts that will likely dispel any worries and concerns you may have.

To any man that is experiencing erectile dysfunction, we understand that it can be quite a stressful and challenging time. Not only do you have to cope with the physical limitations of being unable to maintain a strong erection, or achieve one at all, but you have to cope with the physical embarrassment and low self-esteem.

You might be glad to know that erectile dysfunction is a lot more common than you think (we'll discuss that later), affecting many men over their lifetime. So, with this in mind, we thought we'd present some facts that may open your eyes to the condition and give you the confidence that quick, effective erectile dysfunction treatment is available.

• 1)Otherwise known as impotence

As with many medical conditions out there, the common name we know it by isn't the proper medical term! If you consult a medical professional about your erectile dysfunction, you will likely hear them refer to it as impotence. It may also be shortened to ED if written down in note form.

If you're looking for impotence treatment, be sure to contact Moorgate Andrology for an expert service.

• 2)Many ED adverts are false

Unfortunately, many companies out there take advantage of men that are looking for an erectile dysfunction fix as soon as possible. They might promise a lot, but in reality, you could be left in the same position - or even further back in the treatment process than before.

It's important to perform extensive research on the ED treatment you eventually want to receive. This may even involve asking for a tour around the facilities before you accept what they have to offer.

With any medical procedure, trust is of vital importance. It's always better to be safe than sorry!

• 3)A common problem amongst men

Erectile dysfunction has been listed as the most common issue during sex worldwide. It affects up to 30 million men – see, you're not alone! There are many reasons why ED can occur, including physical aspects such as a lack of blood flow to the penis, or even mental reasons such as stress, emotional instability, or depression.

With it being such a common problem for men, there are high-quality options out there when it comes to erectile dysfunction treatment. Be sure to check out Moorgate Andrology for more information today.

• 4)Doesn't always come with age

A common myth surrounding erectile dysfunction is that it's common amongst older men and something you should just live with. The truth is that ED can affect anyone, even though does tend to be more common in men over 75. If you suffer from the problem from a young age, you can seek out effective impotence treatment so that you no longer have to cope with the issue.

• 5)There may be no need for surgery

Surgery may be the port of call if you've exhausted all other options to no avail, but usually it doesn't have to reach this level of treatment. For example, you may be prescribed Viagra to help you achieve or maintain your erection, or find better benefits from erectile dysfunction cream, just to name a few. Penis surgery isn't always the answer (a statement that usually evokes a feeling of relief amongst men worldwide).

• 6)Worrying about an erection isn't always erectile dysfunction

Many men feel like they are suffering from erectile dysfunction, when this may not be the case at all. For example, if you're worrying about how to achieve an erection before sex, you may be suffering from performance anxiety. Treatment for this is different to erectile dysfunction, as it's a mental issue that can be addressed through education and behavioural training.