What is electrochromic Window glazing

What is electrochromic Window glazing

All about Window Tinting

19

Double glazing has become unavoidable, so new, more innovative glazing is emerging and tending to develop. It's about adapting and responding to specific needs. It is for this purpose that the electrochromic glazing was created.

What is electrochromic glazing?

The electrochromic glazing follows the same principle as the opacifying glazing since it is possible to modify its appearance thanks to the electric current. However, it is a question of modifying not the opacity (the glass remains here transparent) but the hue, while controlling the luminous influx of the sun. It is a glazing composed of thin layers of electrode and counter-electrode separated by a charge conductor named electrolyte. When the current passes, it causes a chemical reaction: the glazing takes a bluish tint thanks to the presence of tungsten oxide and keeps it once the current cut until it regains its initial hue according to the sun's radiation. It stays bluish with strong radiation and returns to normal when this radiation is less.

Where to put electrochromic glazing?

It is used primarily as glazing for luxury cars but is also used for houses and buildings such as verandas, houses or museums. Its use is still marginal, however window tint.

Advantages of electrochromic glazing

It is a customizable glazing, described as "smart". Indeed, it is possible to adjust the level of brightness or visibility as you see fit. It helps to protect from the sun and avoid glare. Thus, it is possible to modulate the degree of heat of the room while keeping a visibility towards the outside. You do not need air conditioning or blinds. It is a system that, moreover, consumes little electricity since we can keep the tinted glass off. This allows useful savings, up to 30% energy savings. It requires no maintenance and adapts to all weather conditions and dimensions window tinting Adelaide.

Who is the electrochromic glazing for?

It is aimed at all those who wish to save energy and protect themselves from the sun, individuals or professionals. However, it is not yet widespread and its high price does not make it accessible for all budgets.

Price of an electrochromic glazing

This glazing is still marginal, so that its price is 600 euros per square meter

Other examples of modular glazing

• thermochromic glazing whose color varies according to the outside temperature
  • the opacifying glazing whose transparency varies thanks to an electrical connection
  • the photochromic glazing whose hue varies according to the sun's radiation