1. The Financial Burden Might Not Be Worth It.

There are plenty of things a degree can and cannot do. A degree can keep you competitive when you apply for jobs, but it cannot guarantee you a job in your field. Think your liberal arts degree will help you pay the bills after you graduate? Think again.

According to collegedebt.com, the total amount of student debt in the United States has amassed over 1.6 trillion dollars. To put that into perspective, there are only 13.4 trillion dollars that even exists in M2 as of March 2017. Even if Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Mark Zuckerberg all consolidated their money to pay off student loans, it still wouldn't be enough to cover it.

2. Living With Roommates Can Be A Drag.

Sometimes you get blessed with roommates who are easy to live with, but not everyone gets so lucky. There are plenty of roommate horror stories that make you think twice about wanting to move out.

3. At Some Point, You May End Up With A Bad Professor.

It is inevitable. They might not show up to their office hours, explain the material well, or even give you the time of day. Be careful when you come across a bad professor because they can really throw you off track. Always check their reviews on rate my professors if you are uneasy about taking a particular class.

4. College Students Are Terrible Drivers.

Don't expect anyone to drive the way they are supposed to, especially freshmen.

5. It's Not About Partying All The Time.

Parties are fun, but there is more to college than just partying. Hollywood movies and social media always glorify the party aspects of college and it sometimes causes us to lose sight of the bigger goals. It is easy to get sucked into an unsustainable lifestyle and develop bad habits.

6. You'll Make The Best Friends You Ever Had.

Your high school friends were okay, but they will never compare to the friends you make in college. These people will always be by your side.