Giving Thanks For My Blessings In 2019

Giving Thanks For My Blessings In 2019

I have so much to be thankful for this year, and I want to share it with all who read.

49
Sunset with Houston Cole Library silhouette.
Personal Photo

This year, I have so much to be thankful for. It has been a great year overall, and I want to share the blessings I've had this year with you all.

1. First and foremost, I am thankful for God.

Picture of Jesus holding out his hand.

Facebook

Firs and foremost, I am thankful for God. Without him, I absolutely would not be where I am today. Without Him, I wouldn’t have the relationship and friendships I have with others. I am thankful for the life He gives me!

2. I am thankful for a loving family.

My family and I in a throwback picture.

Personal Photo

I am so thankful for my family. They have pushed me and encouraged me to be the person I am today. Without them, I wouldn’t be in college, or anywhere near where I am today. I am grateful everyday for the family God has blessed me with.

3. I am thankful for the wonderful girlfriend God has blessed me to do life with.

My girlfriend and I at the Birmingham Zoo.

Personal Photo

I am so thankful this wonderful girl. God blessed me with her over a year ago, and I couldn’t be more grateful for her. From seeing her get baptized in April to her constantly encouraging me and building me up, I am so thankful to do life with her. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us!

4. I’m grateful for a community of believers to help strengthen my faith.

Engage JSU Fall 2019

Personal Photo

I am so grateful to be a part of two ministries on the campus of JSU that spur me in my faith. I’ve been a part of Engage since my first fall at JSU, and I have felt so much growth in my life. Since last fall, I have been a part of the BCM. I am so thankful to be a part of the worship band at the BCM, and that I have found a place to plug in and use the gifts God gave me to serve Him!

5. I am thankful for a youth group who listens to me and has helped me grow in my faith.

PMCC Youth

Personal Photo

Lastly, I am so thankful for the opportunity to intern and be a part of leading the youth at my home church the past few years. It has been such an awesome experience studying and preparing series and growing in my faith while pushing and encouraging them in theirs. Investing in the lives you young folks has been so rewarding.

As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I want you to share your blessings and what you're thankful for as well!