What I'm Most Thankful For This Year

What I'm Most Thankful For This Year

This year, I am thankful.

247
What I'm Most Thankful For This Year
wvawesomeness.files.wordpress.com

We all always have our long lists of things we are thankful for around Thanksgiving each year. Anywhere from our families, our job, friends, whatever it may be. I often put a lot of thought into what I'm thankful for each year, but this year I am most thankful for the intangible things, the things that have helped me grow.

I am thankful for those who have walked into my life and those who have walked out. The people that have left have made me appreciate those who have stuck around a whole lot more than I ever would have. And for those who have stayed, they are the ones who have taught me the true meaning of being a friend and to never let anyone make you feel unappreciated, and that I am forever thankful for.

I am thankful for the courage to finally be brave enough to share my story and allow my writing to inspire others. It has allowed me to learn more about myself and really make a difference in people's lives through words telling others the stories of my life. I have gained so much wisdom, have seen the world through a new perspective and have watched my life change in front of my eyes for the better.

I am thankful to have learned to let go and appreciate what was never meant to be. To accept the plan made for me and roll through the punches. To let go of the people who never deserved my time or effort anyways and learn to appreciate the lessons each one has taught me. What they have taught me about relationships, life, and myself.

At the end of each day, I am thankful for all this life has brought me and taught me. I am thankful for the days where nothing makes sense and the days where it feels as though everything is falling into place. I am thankful to be at the point of my life that I am at and thankful for the battles I have overcome to make me into who I am. I thankful for the opportunity to share what I write, using that as a way to turn all the crazy, messy thoughts in my head into something more beautiful, more raw, more real and watch how that allows me to continue to grow into a better person.

This year, I am thankful. For this life and all of that comes along with it.