Poetry On Odyssey: What If?

Poetry On Odyssey: What If?

God is faithful. He is good.
12

Sometimes I wonder just how easy it all would be.

If we could switch places and you could experience life as me.

Would you choose me just as I chose you?

Would you love me just as I loved you?

Would you overlook my flaws and count them as beautiful healed battle scars?

Would you change your world to accommodate a life with me?

Would you fight for that relationship although everyone said it is dead, let it be.

Would you give up so effortlessly? It was so easy for you to turn your back on me?

Would you count me as irrelevant? A casualty? A plaything? A tart?

Or would you fight in spite of everything that drove a wedge to tear us apart?

If you were me knowing all that I forgave would you forgive me?

It is easy to receive forgiveness, mercy, and grace.

Especially when you are not the offender in the first place.

Since I am human, I catch myself wanting to repay you back all the heart and pain.

Then I ask for forgiveness for what will I gain.

I can only be obedient and remember I was once lost and a product of a hardened heart.

But God! He kept me. He did not give me what I deserved.

Lesson learned and moral embraced:

I cannot expect forgiveness holding on to anger and allowing hatred to corrupt my heart aka the love space.

Actually, I would not change a thing for I am the winner.

God is faithful. He is good. He makes no mistakes. So I continue to seek his face.

Every day remembering, Jesus is "the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2 NKJV).