What effect do antioxidants have on the body?

antioxidants

2

All sorts of skincare- and business-related buzzwords are tossed around carelessly in the beauty industry. Many of us may feel befuddled by the plethora of compounds touted as essential to a complete skincare routine, but what, exactly, do they accomplish?

Today, we'll discuss the role that antioxidants play in maintaining health and why they should be a part of your daily routine.

Free radicals, oxidation, and antioxidants

Since free radicals and oxidation are frequently discussed in the same breath as antioxidants, let's start there.

During regular cellular metabolism, oxidation occurs as a chemical reaction. As a consequence, it creates free radicals, which are highly reactive molecules that may harm healthy cells and even DNA. Tobacco smoking, pollution, and UV radiation are just a few of the environmental hazards that might cause free radical production in the human body.

Lacking an electron makes free radicals chemically unstable. As a result, they will resort to stealing electrons from other sources, which will have negative consequences for the victim.

When the donor cells are healthy skin cells, the result can be things like inflammation, a loss of suppleness due to collagen breakdown, damage from the sun, and the onset of premature aging. Since free radicals may affect so many cellular functions, their damage has been linked not just to an increased risk of cancer but also to an increased risk of other illnesses.

The role of antioxidants

Since antioxidants often have extra electrons lying around, they are quite useful in neutralizing free radicals. Thus, antioxidants function like a natural "off" switch for the free radicals, rendering them incapable of stealing electrons from other molecules.

The term "antioxidants" is used to describe any substance with this property of neutralizing free radicals. Many people know about vitamins A, C, and E.

Antioxidants are beneficial to us since they may be replenished in two ways: orally via food and/or topically through the skin. Although certain antioxidants are produced naturally inside the body, modern-day stresses, as well as environmental harm from pollution, tobacco smoke, etc., may frequently overwhelm the body's defenses. Antioxidants are important and should be consumed regularly through diet and health practices.

The Power of Antioxidants and Plants

Phytochemical-rich plant foods provide us with several of the most potent antioxidants ("plant chemicals"). Phytochemicals not only function as antioxidants on their own, but they are also great team players, allowing other antioxidants to do their jobs for longer and with more efficiency. You may be familiar with the names of several classes of phytochemicals, such as:

●Carotenoids, such as lycopene found in tomatoes and lutein found in kale.

●Subclasses of polyphenols called flavonoids can be found in foods including colored berries, green tea, Nilotica (in the form of catechins), and chocolate (in the form of flavonols).

We may examine the additive nature of phytochemicals by considering the widely-used antioxidant vitamin C. Citrus fruit hesperetin, a phytochemical, has been proven to return Vitamin C to its active antioxidant form after it has disarmed a free radical by giving up its spare electron. After that, the vitamin is free to go out and battle more free radicals.

When combined with botanical, phytochemical-rich substances, antioxidants have a more focused and potent impact.

Utilizing anti-oxidants in skin care

That's why it's so important to incorporate plant-based skincare products into your general health and well-being regimen. You may get more bang for your buck from your skincare products by including plant-based antioxidants into them.

Applying LXMI 33 Face Oil to a freshly washed face is a simple yet effective step in your skincare routine. The formula's 33 phytochemical-rich plant extracts provide a specialized cocktail of nutrients including vitamins A, C, D, E, and F, plus other beneficial compounds like lycopene, flavonoids, and more. Pure Nilotica Melt is a barrier-repairing vital omega oil that also contains powerful vitamin components and the same catechin antioxidants found in green tea, so it may be used to seal in the benefits.

If you want a handy, glow-inducing package, grab this Eminence Organics.