4 Common Dreams And Why You Might Be Having Them

From falling off a skyscraper to presenting your valedictorian speech naked.

219
https://pixabay.com/photo-2197947/

Do you ever wake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night and think to yourself, "OK brain what was that about?" You might think it was because you watched too many "Games of Thrones" before bed, or that you drank coffee too late in the day. However, it just might be your subconscious trying to tell you something.

Your subconscious literally has a mind of its own, and it likes to present itself while you're in a deep sleep.

The one where you fall to your death.

I feel like everyone has experienced this type of dream at least once in their life. The one where you are either pushed off or fall from a great height only to be jolted out of your sleep as soon as you hit the ground.

According to verywellmind.com, this highly common dream has a myth that is if you hit the ground in your dream, then you will die in real life, which isn't the case at all. Even better, this dream just means that your life isn't doing too hot right now, and you most likely need to contemplate a recent decision or change direction in your life somehow.

This dream symbolizes fear of some sort, and it is just your brain's way of letting you know while you sleep.

The one where you're naked in public.

Ah, yes, you are the star of the show and everyone's eyes are on you and then an eruption of laughter starts to fill the auditorium and you look down to see that you are indeed not wearing your graduation gown, but your birthday suit instead

Ever have a dream similar to that? This could mean that you are feeling down on yourself and that you think that you have to live up to a certain standard without revealing any imperfections.

Well, newsflash, no one is perfect, so you can stop having the naked in public dreams now.

The one where you're getting chased.

You're running and running and running, and it seems like a never-ending workout of getting away from whatever is trying to grab you in your dream. You wake up with a higher heart rate than usual to see that you are in fact, not being chased at all. This could mean that you are not taking action to a problem in your life, and you are taking the easy way out by just avoiding it.

The one where you lose all your teeth.

I think this is the worst dream you can have. Have you ever had a dream where you lose your teeth one by one until all that is left is your pink gums? I get chills just thinking about this. This dream could mean that you have an insecurity about your appearance. This could also mean that you are worried about something that happened earlier that day, and you think you might've said something embarrassing

I have yet to experience some of these dreams, but I know that a lot of people have such vivid dreams to where they can remember each and every detail about it. I think dreams are an interesting way of your body and mind trying to tell you something that is buried inside of you.