What Christians Should Know About Christmas

Christmas is the celebration of union, peace, joy, love, and all the positive aspects and behaviors.

165
What  Christians Should Know About Christmas
Smive Aurelien

Christmas is a shortened form of Christ’s mass. As it says, Christmas should celebrate through a mass or a religious ceremony, such as a celebration of the Eucharist, and an act of worship for us to worship Jesus-Christ as our King. However, we had lost all the traditions of celebrating this religious and special holiday due to the impact of material gifts which we expect to receive on that for it to be meaningful. Christmas is the celebration of union, peace, joy, love, and all the positive aspects and behaviors. Christmas is not just about the gifts; we should not value it only when we receive or give presents to the children.

Material objects should not bring happiness inside of a family, but the general conditions that we have the privilege to receive daily. Instead of training the kids to value the day of Christmas which is December 25th for receiving presents, we should instruct them on giving praises for having the opportunity to see such a holy day. Remember that we reap what we sow. If you teach your children to be happy about Christmas for the presents they receive, they will not be satisfied when they do not obtain. Always coach your children to live life with and without material things, so they do not feel miserable when things do not go as always.

Since we make the children value only the material things, they are not even aware of the real reason why Christmas is important. The children do not also give thanks for having the privilege that the deads do not have which is waking up to see a new day. All of this is the reason they usually get mad when the day comes, and they do not receive any gift, so they remain unhappy the whole time. If by any chance they receive a gift from someone outside the family, they automatically appreciate that person more than their family members especially their parents because the present is all that matters to them. If unfortunately, another child shows what he or she receives from his or her parents, you have a decent amount of chance to hear “So and So’s parents bought him or her a gift, but you did not; therefore you do not love me.”

My parents taught me everything I needed to be learned. For twenty-two years, I have never put them through exigence of giving me what I want because they already know what I need even before I was born. I love them when they give me expensive things just like I love them when they cannot buy them yet. I can say this habit helps me get far in life and it does not put me in a position where I feel unlucky. Being honest and open with your children does not give a fan for life, but a friend for life. Another important thing you must know about the material items is how it brings negative behaviors in this world which causes us, humans, to make bad decisions.

According to my nine-year-old little sister, It is an honor to have Christmas because it brings joy and happiness to a family. It’s also the day that Jesus was born which makes it a blessing. She even thinks that Christmas is not just about the presents, instead, it is about spending time with your family and being grateful and happy because it’s the best time of the year. She mentions how she loves how Christmas symbolizes the happiness within the family, and the ability to get through the hate. One more thing that put a smile on my face listening to my little sunshine talking about Christmas is when she said:

You only get this once a year, use it wisely with your family, so when they are gone, or you are gone there is no regret. It so fun to have Christmas, and I hope you feel that way for a jolly time of the year.

Ladies and gentlemen, my point on this article is to remind you that you need to let your children know it is okay not to receive a gift on Christmas day because you need money to buy them and sometimes other bills my take over the money. It is about time to teach your children the true meaning of life where there are bright and dark moments, and we must survive the dark ones. We need to stop making the children believe that all of us are capable of buying gifts every year. The children are kind learners, so teach them what they deserve to be informed kindly. If last year you were able to give them those new designer shoes, but this year you cannot even wrap a bag of skittles; let them know that. Make your children appreciate you either you can provide or not. Most importantly, let them be your friend, not your fan.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours !