What To Do If You Are Broke On Spring Break

A typical spring break for a broke college student
93

Spring break, the week full of vacations and relaxation for some college students. Unless you are like me and neither me or nor my parents can afford to send me to Disney or the Bahamas. So what does a typical spring break look like for a broke college student?

For starters, it's full of all those doctors appointments you can't get done if your school is five and a half hours away. Almost all of my breaks from school are full of doctor's visits in order to keep up with health problems and regular check-ups. This last spring break I dealt with the worry that comes with hoping you don't have to have surgery.

Spring break also has a lot of small, local trips such as the one I took to Williamsburg,VA for the day. Others go to farmer's markets, local festivals, and local concerts. While I appreciate the history and hospitality of the local events, I am still a little envious of those that got to venture out of the state.

Spring break also consists of doing a lot of work for school. I personally finished 100 pages of a reading, an essay, and a science project. I know some people that do a ton of work over spring break plus work a part-time job on top of it. If you have the free time you might as well get some work done, am I right?

The last and most important thing a broke college student does during spring break is sleep. I know I had to catch up on all of the sleep I've been missing since starting second semester. Sleeping in every day was both a blessing and a curse though because now my sleep schedule is screwed. So while it might seem like a good idea to sleep through spring break, only do it if you are really sleep deprived.

Spring break can be a fun and productive experience even if you don't have the funds to go some place exotic. Just do what you know best and don't worry about those that can afford to go on vacations.