What are the least aggressive dog breeds?
News

dog breeds

13

Dog Breeds

We all want to have a sweet dog, that's why we look at the least aggressive dog breeds in this article. This way you can choose a dog breed that is naturally very sweet and will therefore be easier to train.

Bernese Mountain Dog

Then again a very large and very sweet dog: the Bernese Mountain Dog. This is one of the largest dog breeds on our list. Mountain dogs are very loyal as well as patient. They are therefore ideal companions and they live up to their name of quiet giant. They won't hurt a fly, as long as you socialize and train them well, of course.

Bulldog

If you want a smaller non-aggressive dog, the Bulldog is recommended. It may not look like it with their tough head, but the Bulldog is a very loyal and sweet dog. Bulldogs are friendly, loyal to their owners to the bone and easier to maintain thanks to their small size. In addition, they also require a little less exercise than most of the more active dog breeds on this list.
So if you don't have a large garden, that is certainly not the end of the world for a Bulldog. In addition, they do not bark quickly, unless there is a burglar. They are excellent watchdogs that always pay close attention.

Beagle

One of the most gentle dogs is arguably the Beagle. This is an average small dog breed that runs very low to the ground. The breed is often very popular with families and is therefore quite popular. The Beagle is also known as one of the sweetest dogs for a reason. Early on, the Beagle was a true hunting dog, mainly used for duck hunting. Of course that is no longer necessary, but they are certainly energetic dogs that need a lot of exercise. You should also make enough time for them and spend a lot of time with them!

Golden Retriever

Who doesn't know him: the Golden Retriever. This is also a really sweet family dog that, if you train it well and socialize it early, will not show an ounce of aggression. They are very gentle dogs that were originally used as hunting dogs, just like the Beagle.
Today, it is one of the most popular dogs on the planet, and for good reason. Retrievers are one of the easier dogs in terms of character: they are very sweet, bond quickly to their owner, and are very energetic. A lot of exercise or a large garden is therefore also necessary for the Retriever. If you are looking for a cheerful sweet dog without aggressive tendencies, then a Retriever is the right choice for you!

Basset hound

Then the Basset Hound. You often see this dog with older owners, because it is an ideal dog for seniors. They are very sweet and patient dogs that also fit well with a family with children. Basset Hounds are known for their loyalty and playfulness. Ideal for young and old.
Despite their calm appearance, Basset Hounds are very playful and will never turn down a game with others. This breed of dog was also used for hunting in the past, but you don't notice that much anymore.