What Are the Exercises and Remedies to Reduce Cellulite?

Cellulite is a skin condition which consists of dimpled, lumpy appearance on buttocks and thighs.

14

With its popularity, cellulite has different remedies, ranging from mechanical treatments to dietary adjustments, and exercises.

Some easy home remedies for cellulite include:

Dry Brushing: Since cellulite is caused by poor blood circulation, dry brushing can help increase the circulation of blood in the affected areas.

Massage: Massage also works by increasing blood flow in certain areas of your body.

Good Sleep: Good sleep helps keep stress hormone levels in check hence avoiding the formation of cellulite.

Taking supplements: dietary supplements such as collagen can be very beneficial to your skin. The health benefits of collagen have been proven by many scientific studies. If you want to know which type and brand of collagen to choose, this review article can be helpful.

Here Are Other Treatments For Cellulite:

#1. Light, Radiofrequency or Laser Therapy

Therapy devices that combine light with massage or suction have been approved by the US. Food and Drug Administration as temporary medical remedies for the reduction of cellulite. To retain the improved appearance, both treatments need multiple sessions.

A tiny laser probe can also be placed under the skin to aid the reduction of cellulite. Also, a combination of radiofrequency and infrared light or massage can be used. Studies have shown the efficacy or using radiofrequency as temporary treatment for cellulite.

#2. Subcision

With this procedure, a device called Cellfina is used to insert a needle underneath the skin in order to break up bands of connective tissues. According to a study done to determine the efficacy and safety of the treatment, a successful submission procedure can last up to 3 years.

#3. Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT)

It works through the transmission of acoustic waves which are simply shockwaves, sound or pressure on the cellulite. It requires several treatment sessions and can be an efficient method to reduce body circumference as well as cellulite.

#4. Massage treatment

A known French technique used as a massage treatment for cellulite is the Endermologie, which works by suctioning, pulling and squeezing the cellulite-affected parts. It requires from 10 to 12 treatment sessions, with each session lasting for about 30 to 45 minutes. Several studies conducted have shown that massage treatment is effective in the treatment of cellulite.

#5. Laser-assisted Liposuction

The procedure works by removing little amounts of fat from underneath the skin by including laser treatment to the usual liposuction procedure. However, the treatment may worsen and therefore, it is not highly recommended.

#6. Vacuum-assisted Precise Tissue Release

According to a study, a single vacuum-assisted precise tissue release treatment was done on each of the 55 women who had moderate to severe cellulite. The results projected subject satisfaction that increased from 85% after 3 months to 94% at 1 year. This study established the efficacy, subject satisfaction, and safety of the treatment.

#7. Carboxytherapy

It involves the injection of carbon dioxide gas underneath the skin and you will see the result after receiving up to eight sessions of carboxytherapy.

Types of Exercises to reduce cellulite

According to the Brooklyn Bridge Boot Camp founder, Ariane Hundt, the main tips for reducing cellulite include a low-carb diet, fat-loss, proper blood circulation and tightening the muscles underneath the skin. The following are top exercises to help reduce cellulite;

Pistol Squat: With feet hip-distance apart, stretch one leg to the front then sit back into a squat. Ensure to support your body weight with the heel then stand back up slowly and repeat for several reps before changing sides.

Plié Squat: With the feet, a bit wider than shoulder distance apart and toes turned around, bend knees and lower torso with a straight back, tight abs, and a tucked tailbone. Squeeze your glutes then stand.

Elevated Lunge: Stand a few feet in front of a step then reach one foot back with the heels lifted and toes on the bench. Bend the other knee toward the floor such that both knees are 90 degrees bend then squeeze your glute pressing yourself back to the beginning position.

Side Lunge: While standing with the feet slightly wider than shoulder distance and toes pointed forward, bend one knee to a 90-degree angle as you shift your bodyweight to that leg. Leave the other leg straight and the glutes pressing backward. Return to the center then switches sides.

Straight-Leg Deadlift: While standing with feet hip-width apart, hold single weighs in each hand with palms facing the back. Hinge at hips to lower the torso to align it almost parallel to the floor with the legs straight. Return to the start position then repeat 15 reps.

Single Leg Hamstring Bridge: Lying back with bend knees hip-distance apart and feet flat stacked under the knee, stretch one leg towards the ceiling. Squeeze your glutes then lift your hips off the mat. Repeat for a few reps then changes to the other side.

Boot Strappers: Stand with the feet shoulder-width apart, then with the knees slightly bend, bend at the waist to touch the toes. Lower your butt until it almost touches the floor by bending the knees slightly with the heels lifted. Keep your hands on your toes then rise back up to the start position.

Takeaway: cellulite symptoms can be improved with proper diet, exercise, and treatments. A combination of the suggestions above can help.