What Are Some Natural Ways To Ease Asthma?

Ease Asthma

44

Asthma is a condition in which you have breathing difficulty. It is a lifelong condition. But sometimes, the symptoms may subsidize, and you may feel better. Sometimes, the symptoms may exacerbate, causing a flare in asthma attacks. Therefore if you are diagnosed with asthma, you need to take extra care of yourself. Make sure to protect yourself from getting exposed to its triggers.

Asthma can be exacerbated due to exposure to dust, mites, pollens, and allergens. Moreover, sometimes people also have allergy-induced asthma. When you have both the conditions, allergy, and asthma, you need to control your allergy well. It is because allergy exacerbation can also provoke asthma. Therefore you need to be cautious and manage both the conditions well.

To manage asthma, your healthcare providers will prescribe you lifelong inhalers and medications. Make sure to take them as directed by your physician. Also, do not stop them abruptly when asthma symptoms improve. Before stopping any medication or inhaler, consult with your healthcare provider first. If you have asthma, you can visit the Best Pulmonologist in Lahore.

With asthma, medications work, and other aspects are essential to focus upon. It can be things, such as avoiding exposure to triggers, and home and natural remedies to prevent asthma exacerbations. However, following them does not mean you can stop taking medications and inhalers on your own.

Here in this article, we will tell you some natural ways to ease asthma symptoms. They can be explained as:

Drink A Cup Of Coffee

Coffee contains caffeine that has weak bronchodilator effects. Therefore if your asthma symptoms such as cough and breathlessness occur, it is an excellent idea to grab some coffee. However, you can not depend solely on it. Make sure that you take your rescue medication with it.

Consuming a cup of coffee can provide very little and a short-term relief from asthma symptoms.

Take A Steamy Bath

For some people, warm and moist air can help relieve asthma symptoms. However, for some, it may exacerbate it. Therefore you need to know your triggers. If steam works for you, a hot steamy bath can help relieve asthma symptoms and let you feel better.

Moreover, if asthma is due to an allergy, a steamy bath can help you feel better because steam can help relieve allergy symptoms. It helps drain the mucus that clogs your airways and makes breathing difficult.

Add Spice To Your Life

Adding spices might seem tempting to food, but you can also incorporate them into your life to keep your asthma symptoms at bay. You can drink ginger tea to lower asthma symptoms as it has anti-inflammatory effects.

Exercise

Exercise can be an asthma trigger, especially if you do that in cold weather. But it can help strengthen your lungs and help you keep fit and healthy. Therefore incorporate exercise into your daily routine. But before doing that, you should consult with your healthcare provider. In the flare-up days, stop the physical activity until you feel better.

Eat Fruits And Vegetables

Fruits and vegetables, especially the colored ones contain various vitamins that help boost your immune system. Therefore you must consume them in an ample amount.

The Bottom Line

Often asthma is a lifelong condition. Therefore you need to cope with it by taking medications and making lifestyle changes. If you have asthma, you must attend follow-up visits with your healthcare provider. To get an expert opinion, you can consult with Dr. Syed Nazim Hussain Bokhari Pulmonologist.

Asthma is a condition in which you have breathing difficulty