From The Young Republican Who Went To The CRNC
Politics

Thank God for leadership through friendship.

135
CRNC

The Collegiate Republican National Convention (CRNC) was held in Washington, D.C about a week ago, June 15-17th and it. was. incredible. It was also very informative for young conservatives, like myself. And coming off the heels of the Republican baseball practice shooting, this conference and the camaraderie could not have come at a better time.

For those of you who don't know, College Republicans is an organization on college campuses across the nation promoting conservative values and getting young people like you and me involved in government. Every year, College Republicans from all across America join together to help elect Republican candidates, support the Republican agenda, and become the future leaders of the conservative movement. Our efforts—whether disseminating campaign literature, canvassing neighborhoods, placing lawn signs, or calling voters—make the difference in Republican victories and drive our party forward. The CRNC is made up of 50 State Federations, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico with more than 1,800 College Republican chapters and over 250,000 members (crnc.org).

Last weekend, over 100 young conservatives and College Republican members heard from influential speakers from the Republican party including: Kellyanne Conway, Newt Gingrich, and even Caitlyn Jenner (who is a conservative republican, who would have thought?). Not only was it an honor to simply HAVE them there, but they came with so much wisdom. Kellyanne is the first woman to successfully manage a presidential campaign and she gave all of us young women the encouragement to believe that we can do the same thing. Newt Gingrich and Caitlyn Jenner told us not to be afraid of how we believe, because let's face it, most of us are.

Think about it.

The other side of the aisle is louder now and has been for the last year more than ever. People with conservative values are being attacked as racists, bigots, homophobes, and so many other things (you've heard them).

But this week, I learned and was encouraged to be just as loud. I learned to

Be respectful and honest.

Keep fighting the fight that our founding fathers started for us - a fight for liberty and freedom.

Band together and never let anyone tell you you don't have a right to believe the way that you do.

Never stop seeking out new information, asking questions, making connections.

I learned that WE are the future of the conservative movement, and there is nothing more heart warming than being in a room full of people who support that.

It's so important to thank the speakers who took time out of their very busy and very important schedules to speak to us:

Sean Spicer - White House Press Secretary, acting Communications Director for President Trump
Betsy DeVose - Secretary of Education
Grover Norquist - President of Americans for Tax Reform, author of Leave Us Alone
Newt Gingrich- Former Speaker of the House, author of Understanding Trump
Caitlyn Jenner - American television personality
Scott Walker - Governor of Wisconsin
Ben Sasse - Senator from Nebraska

& so many more.

I'd also like to congratulate the new administration of the Collegiate Republican National Committee - I can't wait to grow with you all and Grow CRNC.

Catch ya in 2019. Be there or be square (or a snowflake, either one).