My professors all had very varied personalities this semester. They were a little weird when they really got into their lectures, and this led to some hilarious things being said. I would write down anything interesting or funny just to be able to laugh at it later. Now, I'm putting it on the internet for all to be entertained by.
1. "It's too bad stones and trees don't vote. -Republicans"
This was coming from my conservative leaning professor. He was so serious when he said it and his voice was completely monotone.
2. "Tacos on steroids."
This came out of nowhere. I have no clue what he was referring to but I wrote it down anyway.
3. "Make America okay again." (insert sigh here)
This also came from my conservative leaning professor. He was sad when he said it and then chuckled. I was geeked.
4. "The large enchilada." (California) "The slightly smaller enchilada." (Texas)
He referred to many things as enchiladas throughout the course. I guess it was his favorite food?
5. "Some of the New England states are 'woke' I guess the word is, they use meters."
This was after a rant about how we still use inches and feet.
6. "Look how members of the House dress!!!!" (Ensue yelling)
He was roasting members of the House for dressing less than professional in comparison to members of the Senate. In the moment I probably laughed too hard because he said everything in a monotone voice and with such seriousness but then would laugh himself.
7. "I was caught once going to court because I was speeding to get there."
Occasionally this professor would go on rants and this one was about how he got a speeding ticket on the way to court to dispute an earlier speeding ticket. Poor guy.
8. "Let's go get Canada."
This was a remark made after a discussion of the United States' growth and how we need space. No, prof, let's not takeover Canada.
9. "Chloe, are those new shoes?" "No, I've had them for a while." "They scare me."
After class one day my professor said this to me as he was heading out the door. I was wearing white converse.
10. "The weather today is SO homophobic."
This is my FAVORITE one. My Issues in LGBTQ+ Studies professor said this as he walked in sweating profusely. It was around 95 degrees outside. When I say I spit out my water when he said it, I mean it. I could not stop laughing.
My professors were all so nice and funny, and these random quotes will be ones I'll remember (and laugh at) for forever.