7 Resolutions For The New Year, From The Traditional To The Kinda Weird

I'm talking ideas you might actually make it to February with.
Livia
Livia
40

The new year is baking in the oven and is about ready to arrive. People make New Year's Resolutions each January but, let's be real: By February 1st, they are probably forgotten about or pushed off until next year. But not this time!

Here are 7 traditional and not-so-common resolution ideas that you might actually stick with for all 12 months of the year.

1. Lose Weight

We all say we're going to do this each year (I am guilty of this myself- I'm leaving 2017 10 lbs heavier than when I started so I'll try again next year) but never actually stick with it. Maybe give yourself an incentive to shred the extra chunk! Everyone loves a good prize. Reward yourself with a little trip or small shopping spree for each fitness milestone.

2. Try New Foods

This can also help with losing weight! Change up your diet to something new and leave the same boring foods you always eat in 2017.

3. Learn a Fun Party Trick

This is an interesting one! If you sometimes feel boring or sub-par in large social settings here is your chance to stand out. This can also come in handy on the first day of classes when your Professor is asking everyone to introduce themselves and include a fun fact or experience. You never know when your new party trick could come in handy.

4. Travel. Travel. Travel.

What's the saying? "Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be" News flash people, we aren't getting any younger! Travel while you can and experience it all in your prime. If you have to, get a piggy bank out and start saving, you did it when you were little you can do it again. (Ugh I should really take my own advice)

5. Limit Eating Out

In all of the craziness that goes on today, it is so much easier to quickly go through a drive-through or call in a to-go meal for dinner. Unfortunately, us Americans do this way too much and would have larger wallets and smaller waste-lines if we stuck to this New Year's Resolution. Hint hint: this will also help your travel fund piggy bank.

6. Random Acts of Kindness

It's becoming a cruel world we live in. Make it a little brighter by dedicating to do one small act each day in order to make someone else's day. Hold the door open for the girl with her arms full, send a sweet text to that friend you haven't talked to in awhile, buy the person's coffee behind you in the Starbucks line. Just be a good person!

7. Form 1 Good Habit In Replace of 1 Bad Habit

So I really suck at putting my clothes away after I fold and wash them. They end up strung all around my room like the extra decorations I really don't need. I am going to try to kick this bad habit in replace of waking up 10 minutes earlier each morning to tidy my room and stretch- I always feel better when I stretch, yet I never make the time to do it. It's the little things like this, that can make you feel better each day! No matter how small or large the habit is, work on one thing at a time and see where it takes you.

I hope you all have an amazing Holiday season and Happy New Year. If you've made it this far and read all my weekly thoughts, I appreciate you and am looking forward to bringing more funny and unique articles in the new year! Adios old year...