College means a lot of different things to everyone. One of the main things that young adults love about college is freedom. Freedom from your parents' rules. Freedom to choose to go to class or not and even the freedom to eat ice-cream for breakfast and to drink a 6-pack every night with your pals. This one is a killer.

A high school body killer.

The freshman 15 is probably one of the worst things that can happen in college, and its almost inevitable. You aren't being forced to participate in high school GYM class anymore…

You're no longer on your hometown club volleyball team… and mom and dad aren't cooking you well balanced meals.

Therefore, college students sometimes lose sight of their bodies and health before they even realize it.

And from experience, it's a whole lot harder to lose 15 pounds than it is to gain it.

So what's our solution to this issue?

Typically, the solution is to work out and eat right. However, this is so difficult when your friends invite you to Blaze or Bento for dinner and you don't want to miss out. Additionally, if you hate working out, you'll find any excuse in the book to avoid it.

Trust me, I've been there.

But as a senior, I think I've figured it out and I can tell you what I do.

For starters, I make myself do 30 minutes of cardio every single day, except for game days. I walk enough on game days. This can be anything from brisk walking, jogging, running, biking, the elliptical, you name it. It all just depends on how ambitious and athletic you're willing to be. And if I'm feeling it, sometimes ill do more.

I know college can get hectic but 30 minutes a day is definitely doable. Think of all the times you fit in that night out with your friends, or that Netflix binge, or that 11 hours of sleep you're getting from skipping your 8 a.m. Bio lecture.

We prioritize the things that are the most important to us, and in order to lose that freshman 15, we have to have our eye on the prize.

Additionally, 30 minutes of exercise per day has a variety of benefits:

1. Stress Reduction

As college students, we are stressed all the time. A little stress reliever is always good.

2. Clear Skin

Exercise helps to nourish skin cells and keep them vital.

3. Increase Energy

Every time I exercise I feel more energetic and less lethargic all day.

4. Weight Loss

And lasty, exercise helps with weightless. So, not only would exercise reduce your freshman 15 issue, but it would have a lot of other health benefits.