Weekend Getaway At The Beach

A Weekend Getaway At The Beach Is exactly what you need

Breathe in the fresh salty air, and let the sun kiss your skin. Put on your favorite bathing suit and rock a messy bun, and just feel confident in your own skin.

364
Gina Capone

I don't know about you, but between working five days a week, working out, and trying to make time for family and friends, sometimes it feels like I have no life. I've been there, too many times.

As a college student, summer is about making money to save, while also trying to balance having a social life and vacation with your best friends.

This summer, I have struggled immensely with trying to find the time for not only my friends but also for myself. So when my friends asked to head down to the shore for the weekend, I knew I had to go. Part of me was saying, "No, stay home and do homework, you don't have time to have fun", but I quickly shut that voice out.

There's something so magical about being down the shore. The air is fresher, the sun is stronger, and the ocean is like Holy Water. A day spent on the beach is a day well spent.

Even if all you did was sleep the entire day, your soul was healing. The sound of the waves crashing is enough to drive you away from all your problems.

Going out for dinner on the beach with your friends, or staying in and having a girls night, is a great way to live in the moment. That is something I really struggle with. I'm always so focused on when I'm going to work, or what I have scheduled for next week, that sometimes I lose myself.

It is so easy to get caught up in the chaos around you, that it can nearly swallow you whole. Unless you're aware of it, you'll just get swept away.

So I went out, I stayed up late with my girls, and I woke up early and went for the best run. It is possible to find balance in the madness. You just have to allow yourself.

Being down at the shore has a way of helping you find yourself again. I left for the beach stressed out and filled with anxiety, and now I am on my way home feeling like the weight of the world is lifted off my shoulders. Well, for now at least!

Although part of me was hesitant about packing up and heading down to the beach, I knew it was everything I needed and more. My girls will always be my girls, and the memories we make, little or big, are ones I will forever cherish.

So, stop telling yourself you don't deserve a vacation. Whether you work 40 hours a week or four days, you are worthy of some "Me Time".

Sometimes, when you're unsure about something, it may be because you know deep down you do, in fact, need to do it, so don't feel guilty. There is nothing wrong with a little getaway every now and then. Find time for some headspace.

The next time your friends ask you to go to the shore, even if it's just for a day trip, GO. Don't even think twice. Breathe in the fresh salty air, and let the sun kiss your skin. Put on your favorite bathing suit and rock a messy bun, and just feel confident in your own skin.

Life is too short to miss out on little opportunities. Each and every day is a blessing, so cherish them. Letting them go to waste is foolish. Pack your bag and your sunscreen, and park your butt on the beach. You won't regret it.