The Week Before Exams Worries

The Week Before Exams Worries

The death of procrastination.
11

It's about that time for a lot of us, and many of us are in the midst of finals week right now. It can be a hard time but if you are committed to your academics and willing to put in the time you neglected earlier, anything is possible.

1. That ten page paper you've known about since the beginning of the semester

Also the other three you've neglected up until this point and wonder where all this work came from.

2. Having time to study

Going to the library is a must during this time and is always packed, so you have to plot out the best times to snag a table or study room. Everyone has the same idea and wants to cram a whole semester's-worth of material into the three days before the exam.

3. Making To-Do Lists

Taking a few minutes or a half hour to write down everything you have to do and rank them in order of importance. Wasting time instead of actually doing one of these items can either help you be more productive later or stress you out more and be what keeps you from getting anything done.

4. Forgetting Something on the To Do List

There's always one thing that happens to be left off the list and forgotten until the night before. Then you're stuck working on that until three in the morning instead of sleeping.

5. Portfolios

Seniors or other majors that have to compile a collection of their works and progress spend hours on these folders of work. Content ranges from a year to your entire college career.

6. Work

Most students I know have a job on top of their schooling to worry about. Sometimes you get lucky and don't have to work on the important days, but other times you need the hours. It comes down to time management and multitasking.

7. Down Time

Having time for yourself seems to be rare, but then you find yourself on your phone wasting your day away. It's good to take a nap, but it's also nice to have your work finished.

8. Finals being in a week

Just thinking about this gets you all worked up.

9. Internships

Finding somewhere to work over the summer is a priority, and adding that internship to your résumé will appeal to your future employer down the road.

10. Life in general

Life can be a mess and stress you out most of the time, but it also gives you the ability to overcome challenges and realize that you are capable of anything you set your mind to, even if you wait until the week before to start working on that.