Wedding season is upon us (although it feels like every season is wedding season at this point), which means splurging a hundred dollars on an outfit, shoes, and gifts. However, there are certain rules you must follow when either attending or throwing a wedding. Here are the most important ones that should always be taken seriously.
For the guests:
1. Don't wear white.
This is one of the universally-known rules that never goes out of fashion. Don't be that one person who shows up in white. People will stare and you will feel uncomfortable.
3. If you go to the wedding, be sure to get the couple a gift, or at least a card.
4. Show up to the wedding on time.
5. Put away your phone.
I promise you, your followers won't care about getting a play-by-play of the bride walking down the aisle, or of them kissing. Leave that to the wedding photographer and let the couple have some beautiful photographs, NOT blocked by your phone.
6. Don't ask to bring uninvited guests.
Weddings are expensive and many times the bride and groom can't afford to add any extra people. So just be polite and be honored that they invited you and wanted you to celebrate their day with you. Plus it's awkward to ask. Don't be that person.
Now for the bride and groom:
1. Don't put your registry information on your invitations.
2. Don't invite someone to the bridal shower (or bachelor and bachelorette parties) if they aren't invited to the wedding.
3. Keep your wedding party as drama-free as possible.
4. No single's table.
5. Send everyone thank you notes before the year mark.
Did I miss any other rules to follow? Let me know in the comments!