Web 3.0 and the next lifestyle brand

Web 3.0 and the next lifestyle brand

The arrival of Web 3.0 is being widely heralded as a game-changer, but just how will it impact society from a lifestyle perspective?

2686
Web 3.0 and the next lifestyle brand

Some experts believe that Web 2.0 has created a culture where huge corporations have taken over the rights of billions of people worldwide.

The use of big data is often seen as a threat to personal choice and free thinking, yet many people believe it has made their lives better.

However, when you consider the impact data usage has had in shaping political thinking, there are enough reasons to question just how much of a force for good Web 2.0 has been.

From a business perspective, these technological tools have undoubtedly made it easier for organisations to promote their goods and services.

Whether using the services of a digital marketing agency like Sports Habit or using in-house staff, firms have expertly leveraged Web 2.0 to their advantage in recent years.

The overriding question now is will Web 3.0 give people greater control over their lifestyle choices or further see their freedoms eroded? We take a closer look.

How will Web 3.0 work?

In simple terms, Web 3.0 will be an open, permissionless and trustless network designed to give users control over their personal data.

Open-source software will power the next incarnation of the web, with actions executed so that everyone worldwide can see them.

Everyone will be able to go in and join, removing the need to meet requirements from a group or individual person.

The networks will allow users to interact publicly or privately and they won't need a big company or government overseeing everything.

Technology such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, 3D graphics and improved Wi-Fi connectivity will help to drive Web 3.0.

Many of these elements are already being used, but will become much more prevalent as we move into the next incarnation of the World Wide Web.

Web 3.0 in action

To understand how Web 3.0 will become the next lifestyle brand, it is important to understand how it compares to the previous versions of the internet.

In Web 1.0, computers accessed the internet. Web 2.0 moved things forward by allowing us to do it on our smartphones and other devices.

However, there were some limitations. Let's use game consoles as an example. If you bought an Xbox One X you could not download Nintendo Switch games to the machine.

The decentralised nature of Web 3.0 will allow devices to access all content, regardless of the format. This gives users much greater control over their online experience.

This is a massive step forward as it hands the internet back to the people rather than it being controlled by a handful of global enterprises.

People will be free to use the internet as they see fit - no more following rules laid down by big tech firms intent on lining their own pockets.

Taking back control

Global behemoths such as Facebook, Google and Apple may pretend to be your friend, but let no one be in any doubt – they are in it for the money.

Their use of AI and big data has made a handful of people extremely rich by controlling what people see on the internet and thus shaping the choices they make.

Web 2.0 is built on the premise that every aspect of your online activity is tracked with a view to making money out of you in return for being able to freely access the internet.

However, Web 3.0 is about taking back ownership of your online activity and more equally distributing the value that has.

New tools such as Brave Browser will change the online experience, with its 'privacy-focused' approach putting the user first rather than global corporations.

People will have the ability to earn money from viewing advertisements of their choice, thus giving them greater control over their internet activity.

Web 3.0 for your lifestyle

As with any new advancement in technology, it is not unreasonable for people to ask the question 'what is in it for me?'

As alluded to earlier, Web 3.0 will provide users with a more personalised experience tailored to their desires rather than what big companies want.

Search devices such as Alexa and Cortana will become more intuitive, thus delivering results that have not been manipulated by big tech firms.

Gaining a greater understanding of human speech coupled with the use of open-source software will transform how these devices work.

Web 3.0 will also improve app experiences, particularly with regards to 3D graphics and the possibilities they can facilitate.

For instance, map searches will become more immersive and have the capability of delivering real-time traffic updates that Web 2.0 cannot match.

While Web 3.0 is still some way from fully replacing its predecessor, the potential lifestyle changes it will bring to the online experience are unquestionably exciting.