We Are Still Young

As my sophomore year of college starts to wind down, I am finding myself, as well as my peers around me, scrambling to find jobs, internships, apartments, etc..

All of a sudden we seem to have found ourselves being thrown into the real world, maybe a little faster than we expected.

This is something I have been thinking about a lot recently, and when it really comes down to it, the fact of the matter is that we really do not nee to have everything figured out for ourselves right now. Realistically, we are still so young. If things don't fall into place for us right now despite our efforts, they surely will eventually.

We don't need to be pushing ourselves quite so hard (at least not from my point of view). I think we can allow ourselves a little more time to breathe and enjoy life than we have been allowing ourselves, especially considering the fact that now is the time for us to be really truly enjoying life and making the most out of it. We only get to live through our twenties once, and once it's over, it's over.

If we spend every moment of our twenties stressing about the future, we are keeping ourselves from enjoying this time. This is our time to be reckless and irresponsible, as strange as that may sound. Personally, once this year is over, the rest of my college experience is going to be drastically different. Friends are no longer all going to be living in one building, and some not even all on one campus, or all in one country. From here on, we are going to have less and less time to spend being young, really being young, and living in the moment.

There will be less opportunities for us to spontaneously take city trips for no reason, less opportunities to make a snap decision to go out on a weeknight, and overall less opportunities to take advantage of the same irresponsibility that we have the opportunity to embrace right now.

Things are only going to get more real for us after this. So, why shouldn't we welcome the thought of being irresponsible while we can?