8 Ways To Break Up Your Day When You're Stressed

Because you also need time for you.

47

Long day at the office? Do you have a big list of tasks? You can make it through the day if you take some time for yourself. Here are some ways to break up some of your tasks!

1. Have a to-do list for personal tasks aside from work and academics

This allows you to put aside your work and focus on yourself while you still feel like you’re getting work done. It’s not like you’re goofing off on social media, it’s things like calling your doctor or getting more batteries off of Amazon because you know you’re about to run out.

2. Journaling

I keep a composition book that I use for literally everything. I’m moving across the country next spring and one thing I’ve done is research gym facilities and dance studios out there and I wrote them all down in my journal.

3. Write in your diary

You don’t have to physically bring your diary around you. One great thing about the latest update on your iPhone is being able to set up a password for secret notes in your notes app. You can type your entry into your phone and then write in in your diary when you get home.

4. Go for a walk outside

I know for some jobs, it’s hard to make time for that. But if you have the chance, it will definitely help you!

5. Take a true lunch break

If you have an hour for lunch, don’t eat at your desk while looking at memes. Get out of the office, and go treat yourself even if you just go to Panera!

6. Re-fill your water bottle

First off this will encourage you to stay hydrated, but taking the time to get up and go to the bubbler or the cafeteria gets you away from your desk for a minute or two.

7. Don’t bring your phone with you to the bathroom

Funny story, one time I was doing homework, and I took a bathroom break. I brought my phone in with me, and I received a nasty text from my ex when I checked it. Don’t let anybody ruin your 5 seconds to breathe…

8. Send your friends some memes

Make their day better while you get to have a good laugh too.

Do whatever you need to do to get through the day with all the things that have to be done!