Ways To Make The Most Out Of The Summer

Ways To Make The Most Out Of The Summer

With summer slowly coming to an end, take a quick read to see how to make the most of it!

6
Ways To Make The Most Out Of The Summer
Wallpaper Cave

As the end of July approaches, I have asked myself this question: “How did the time fly?” With the end of summer quickly approaching, I wanted to reflect on how to make the most of your summer. For some of us, this is our only time to be home before having to go back to school several hours away. I hope this list gives some of you a few ideas on how to prioritize your time so you can enjoy the rest of the summer to its fullest extent.

My first suggestion would be to definitely get out of the house and just go out! Whether it be somewhere that’s a favorite spot or someplace you’ve never been to, going out definitely keeps life exciting and allows you the opportunity to make new memories and possibly meet new people! It definitely doesn’t have to be something extravagant either -- going out doesn’t have to mean spending a bunch of money. Going to the park or lake for a walk can be just as enjoyable as going out to eat at a restaurant; remember, having a good time starts with having the right attitude and making the most of your time! Also, there are some ways to save money if you do want to go out: movie show times are usually significantly cheaper if you go in the morning, and some restaurants and museums may have special days/times where the cost is cheaper. So, don’t be afraid to go and search online to look for some new places to go and enjoy!

My second recommendation is to be sure to hang out with friends and family! Like many of my peers, summer is the main time where I get to go back home and spend time with my friends and family who I don’t see for most of the year. Though it may be hard to schedule times for everyone to meet up, don’t give up! Getting to see your old friends and catch up on what’s going on in everyone’s lives is definitely worth it. Be sure to take advantage of the fact that there’s still time left to go see them! You can kill two birds with one stone by inviting your friends to go to a new place to hang out and get something to eat! Regardless of what you plan with friends, try to enjoy the time you have with them and be sure to keep in touch regularly even when summer is over!

Family is definitely important as well! I can’t count the number of times that I miss my mom while I’m at school 400 miles away. Though my mom works for most of the day, I look forward to talking with her when she comes home and spending time with her on the weekend! My dad also works all day, but I do get to talk to him as well. I also enjoy seeing my sisters regularly and catching up with them to see how they are doing. When it comes to my brother, I usually bond with him by watching him play video games or talking about the latest crazy news going on in both the news and politics! With what’s been going on lately in politics especially, my brother and I always have something to talk about! I also make sure to spoil my dog with lots of kisses and hugs since I only get to see her a few times during the year! Though she doesn't seem to keen on my affection, she seems to tolerate it and that's good enough for me! So, be sure to enjoy the time you have at home since summer is almost over and soon school starts! I know that when I get to school, the first thing on my mind will be, “I should have spent more time with my family!”

This last suggestion may seem slightly contradictory to the first one, but bear with me! My final suggestion is simple: sleep! I cannot stress how important it is to get some rest and lounge in bed! I’m definitely guilty of sleeping well past 10 and I think it should be a requirement for any college student out there! Sleep is something that often escapes us during the school year, but summer is the perfect opportunity to make up for those sleepless nights spent studying for an exam or whipping out an essay! It is possible to enjoy sleep and also go out, so be sure to keep everything balanced so you don’t sleep the summer away!

Overall, I urge my readers to enjoy the rest of the summer! While some of you may not start school until September, most of us have to go back in mid-August, which is only a couple weeks away! Take time to go out, hang out with friends and family, and get a good night of sleep! Summer passes by quickly, so be sure to enjoy every second of it!