Ways To Increase Your Body Positivity

Ways To Increase Your Body Positivity

Learn to love yourself first, because you are beYOUtiful.

615
Ways To Increase Your Body Positivity

No matter your shape, size, religion, sexuality, ethnicity, or culture, everyone deserves to feel beautiful, unique, and happy with who they are. If you are struggling to find ways to love yourself, there are many easy things you can do daily to feel more comfortable in your own skin and avoid changing anything about yourself to please others.

1. Leave positive notes on your mirror.

Every time you look in the mirror, don’t leave until you find at least one thing you like about yourself and state it out loud. You can even write it down and stick it around your mirror, eventually surrounding it with self-love notes to help you continuously feel positive about yourself.

2. Cut negative people out of your life.

If there is one thing college has taught me, it’s how much negative people can really bring you down. Cut those people out of your life and surround yourself with others who are positive, loving, and supportive of you.

3. Monitor your use of social media.

You have the power to unfollow people who make you feel bad about yourself or even delete an account altogether. Your mental health should always come first, and lessening your time on social media might help you learn to stop comparing yourself to others and focus on what truly matters, which is yourself.

4. Create a list.

Include things you like and dislike about yourself and find ways to fix your perceived flaws. It’s important to remember to do this in moderation and only focus on things that you have the power to change. If you are unhappy with your weight and would like to lose a few pounds, eat healthier and go to the gym. But do so in a way that is not going to damage your body and mental health.

5. Forgive yourself.

Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. You need to find a way to be kind to yourself when things don't turn out as you had hoped or planned.

6. Realize that it is okay to say no and don't be too hard on yourself.

You need to look out for yourself and be your own advocate. Don’t stretch yourself too thin to the point where you feel out of control of your own life. Find a happy balance of participating in activities, helping others, and doing work.

7. Get involved in a hobby/activity you enjoy doing.

This will not only surround you with people similar to yourself but will also alleviate some of your stresses. Realize that it is okay to have fun in your life and let go sometimes. It will make you feel good about yourself and distract you from some of your worries for the time being.

Joining the Student Education Association as their Secretary this year has kept me busy and surrounded me with people that I otherwise might not have met or become so close to.

8. REST AND SLEEP.

It’s okay to let your body unwind and give it the rest it deserves. The human body can only keep pushing itself and functioning for so long without collapsing and getting the proper rest it needs.

9. Stop comparing yourself to others.

You are a unique individual who should embrace your differences and accept yourself for who you are. Don’t let others change you in any way, no matter how big or small.

10. Appreciate all that you do have.

Whether it’s a supportive family, loyal friends, or good health, everyone has a lot to be thankful for. Each morning, try writing down something you are thankful for and glance at it from time to time throughout the day. Right before going to bed, look at it again. You’ll realize that things could be much worse than they are.