As the holiday season approaches, it's important to keep in mind that not everyone is looking forward to them. Unfortunately, many are in poverty, homeless, sick and the list goes on. It's important to step up and give back to those in need.

Here are 10 ways you can give back during the holiday season.

1. Donate to Toys For Tots

Toys For Tots is a great organization that distributes toys to children whose parents cannot afford gifts on Christmas. The website gives you all the information to donate, including where your local toy drives are. If you don't feel like donating an actual toy, they give you the option to donate money.

Overall, it's an organization to consider!

2. Send holiday cards to those serving in the army

Holiday for Heroes is a program started by American Red Cross. It allows you to send holiday cards to those serving in the military! It's a lovely way to thank those serving for our country.

3. Donate to an animal shelter

Put on a cute Santa hat, buy some animal toys and go to your local animal shelter! It's a great way to add some warmth to the season.

4. Leave a really big tip

If you go out to eat, leave a REALLY big tip for no reason. You are bound to make someone smile immensely.

5. Drop off toys for children in the hospital

Go to any hospital and bring some toys for children staying there. It's the loveliest way to give back.

6. Buy your friend a Starbucks holiday drink

Those Starbucks holiday drinks are one of the highlights of the season. Treat your friend to a tasty cup of coffee and fill their day with a little extra kindness.

7. Write a Christmas card for your friends

Write a Christmas card for your friends and remind them all just how wonderful they are. You never know how much they may need to hear it.

8. Leave a note of kindness on a windshield

Randomly compliment someone and make their day!

9. Bring a home-cooked meal to a shelter

Go to your local shelter and bring them a home-cooked meal straight from your heart. They can really use one.

10. Donate your time

Give your time to your family, friends and the ones who care for you the most. Spend as much time as possible with them. Watch a movie with them or go ice skating with them. Time is one of the most important things you can give someone.

Be kind this holiday season and every day!