10 Ways You Can Relieve Stress When You Never Have Time To Relax

Basically all college students everywhere need this.

23
Unsplash

Summer vacation is supposed to be all about relaxing in the sunshine, sleeping in until noon, and not having a care in the world... right?

Wrong.

If you're like me and basically every other college student, you have a summer job that probably keeps you inside for the majority of the day. On top of that, you may be taking online classes or studying for the GRE. With schoolwork and a full-time job always at the front of your mind, relaxing can be hard, but here are some ways to sneak in some stress-relieving activities to relieve your summer stress.

Download the Headspace app.

This infamous meditation app calms me down in as little as 60 seconds. As a college student, you can also get a student discount that is too good to pass up.

Plan a night where you can hang out with friends your own age.

As a nanny, I am constantly surrounded by tiny humans that I have to tell what to do. Being around friends is a great restart for me, and I think it will be for you too!

Get off your phone.

Social media tends to stress me out because I'm always worried about missing something important (aka FOMO). Sometimes, it's nice to take a step back and sit outside reading a book instead.

Exercise.

I love to go to the gym after work because it helps me get all my frustrations and anger out, which makes me an overall happier person!

Take a nap.

I am not the kind of person who can only take a 30-minute nap. If I'm going to nap, it's going to be three hours or more. IMO, sleep is the answer to all of life's problems, so lay down and close your eyes when you are stressed.

Remind yourself that worrying about something isn't going to fix that situation. 

Only action will.

Take a step back. 

If you are at work and feel overwhelmed or stressed, take a breather. Go to the bathroom and breathe deeply. This has saved me numerous times.

Talk to your mom. 

My mom will either talk some sense into me by telling me I'm overreacting, or she'll be there just to listen to me whine. It almost always gets the job done, even though sometimes I need to tell her what reaction I need (usually it's the latter).

Clean. 

This is my go-to, but I have to be in the mood for it. Cleaning helps me take my mind off things and gives me a minute to step back.

Listen to some music. 

Whether that be country love songs, Jesus jams, or hard-core rap, do whatever makes your soul feel good.

Remember that stress is temporary. You will get through it!