4 Ways You Can Make Extra Cash Money On The Side

Who couldn't use a little extra cash?
87

I think I can speak for every college student when I say I need extra money. From textbooks to tuition, our wallets are dryer than the Sahara Desert! I've recently been researching ways to make a little extra money to help pay for gas and food.

1. Online survey sites

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Surveys can be a hassle and annoying, but if you actually take the time and patience to do them, you could get a lot of money.

I use a site called Survey Junkie. You get a bonus for just signing up! Each survey is worth a certain amount of points. The accumulated points will also show how much you have made money wise. For example, if you have 850 points, that $8.50. Once you reach 1,000 points or $10, you are able to cash in the points for actual money. You can have them sent directly to your PayPal account.

Swagbucks is probably my most favorite. You can earn points by watching videos, surfing the web, taking surveys, and shopping! You also will receive a sign-up bonus. Once your points add up to a certain amount, you can redeem them for gift cards or send the money to PayPal. So far, I've received a $25 Amazon and Walmart gift card! You can sign up here using my referral code

2. Sell your clothes

Selling my clothes has been my gateway to extra money. I have tons of clothes that I don't wear anymore, so why not make a little money.

Poshmark is my number 1 site to buy and sell on. They take a percentage of what you sell. For example, if you list something for $10, you're really getting $7.05. The money you earn can be written as a check, sent to your bank through direct deposit, or you could use it towards a purchase. I have been using Poshmark for years and I couldn't think if any other site to sell my clothes on.

You could also use Facebook or go to a consignment shop. I recommend Abundance in Jacksonville or Plato's Closet in Trussville. You must make an appointment with them.

3. Rebate apps

Ibotta is my best friend when I go grocery shopping. Each store they have listed is put into categories. For example, if you go the app and go look at Walmart's page, you'll see all the things Ibotta is offering a rebate on. You click on which item you want and it'll automatically transfer to the redeem section. Once you have checked out, you go back to the app and scan the product and the receipt as a proof of purchase. Just for signing up, you get a $5 bonus. Once you reach the minimum $20 payout, you can redeem what you have earned. You have your choice of different gift cards or you can send the money to PayPal.

4. Shopping apps

Shopkick works similar to Ibotta. It doesn't have as much as Ibotta does. On Shopkick, you can get points for simply walking into one of their partnered stores (Walmart). You also have the option to go around and scan different products to earn more points. Sometimes there is an option to scan your receipt for points. For example, they recently had a thing that was for every $1 you spent, you got 1 point. If I went and spent $100 on groceries, I would revieve 100 points. Once you reach enough points, you are able to cash in the points for various giftcards!