A Warning For Christian Women: Who Are You Entertaining?

There is a difference between godly men and men of the world.

12

I've thought long and hard about how to put what I'm about to say into words. It hasn't been easy to organize my thoughts, but this is something that has been heavy on my heart, lately.

Ladies, there is a difference between Godly men, and men of the world.

It is palpable; the differences are so very evident.

I've had the privilege of spending time with men of God throughout my life. I've also been in the presence of boys who are focused on their next high, on their next party, and on their next conquest. Do you know the difference between these two types of males?

The man that is living for God will make you feel respected and cherished. The boy who is in the world will make you feel like just another girl, like just someone else he can walk all over. He will make you feel unclean and unworthy.

He will not love you the way God designed you to be loved.

A boy that is living for the pleasures of this world will not love you the way God designed you to be loved. Let that sink in for a moment. He may say pretty things to you, he may make you laugh, and he'll make you feel good in the moment — but at some point, you will feel a void. It will, one day, become very evident that you are unequally yoked.

Building a relationship on fundamental disagreements concerning spirituality is a recipe for disaster. I've seen women (and men!) fall into the trap of dating to save. I'm here to tell you that dating a man who isn't saved is a recipe for disaster in most cases.

Sure, some spouses are eventually saved thanks to the other spouse's faith and diligent prayer. However, we should never enter into a relationship with the intent of changing the person. If you can't picture yourself being married to the person in their current state, it is a fool's mission.

A man that lacks a relationship with God will make you feel less like a girlfriend or wife, and more like a beggar who is begging for him to change.

A man that lives for God will guard his tongue; he will speak kind words. He will not throw curse words around like they're nothing. He won't brag about which girls he has managed to fool around with, because these things no longer hold him captive. He wrestles against his flesh, but he keeps himself under control.

He is compassionate, and he keeps his temper in check. He is a gentleman in every sense of the world. He is not perfect, but he does his best to treat people with respect.

A man of God holds himself to a higher standard. He is patient, unassuming, and humble. You won't find him at the bar or in situations that may cause him to lose his integrity. He will keep himself under control; his soul will take precedence over his flesh.

He will not degrade you. He will not try to convince you to sin. He will make you want to be a better woman, and he will be a capable leader for his family. He will make you feel safe, because he is a strong man. He will enhance your life, rather than make it more complicated.

Ladies, there is a difference between godly men and men of the world. Choose wisely, and let us keep ourselves in check.