If You Treat Your Family Poorly, You Really Need A Wakeup Call

Friendships are designated to end, but family is forever.

25

What is the first thought that comes in your head when you hear the term "family?" Family means so much to me. Family may not mean a lot to most people and many won't even acknowledge the value of their family. Family is a subjective term, so it means different things to different people.

Family to me is the most important relationship. You might ask why I value family so much? The reason why I value family so much is because the people in your family are the only ones who will want you to succeeded and will always want you to benefit. Family members are the only people who will go out of their way for you and will do anything. However, friends will never go out of their way.

You were born and raised with family around you. Your family is who you have seen you at your best and your worst. Some will argue and say "friends have seen you at your worst and best too." That is somewhat true but your friends weren't there for you every single day of your life. Your friends might not even want you to succeed, but they keep it lowkey.

Friends will get jealous of your success. They will act like they are happy for you but inside they really aren't. Whereas you can see when your family is genuinely happy with what you're doing and support you every step of the way.

Family will always be by your side. Your family will tell who your fake friends are before you even know and 99% of the time they right. Like during my high school years I didn't realize that a person I was friends with was fake but my family realized before I did. There are so many relationships we take for granted each and everyday and family shouldn't be a relationship we take for granted.

Everyone has their own definition of family. For some, it's more meaningful and for others not so much. If you really think about it and bring back all those hidden memories of family you will find that no one you met or will meet will be as loyal as your family. No one will care as deeply for you as your family will. We shouldn't just celebrate our families on Thanksgiving, Mother's or Father's Day, we should celebrate them each and every day.

Your friends are the relationships that are designated to end. Within the term itself, it has "end," in it. Whereas family does not have any end to it. Taking family for granted is something that is easily done.

You should cherish moments you have with your loved ones. Because one day will come when your family will not be there and you will wish you cherished the moments you had with them. Take my advice and start making those memories and cherish those moments you have before it's gone. Tomorrow is never guaranteed so make the most out of your today!