I'm "Waitin On My Sunny Day"

I'm "Waitin On My Sunny Day"

Summer cannot come fast enough.
77

Most days I really love my school, but then there are days or weeks that make me wish I had chosen a school that got out of summer earlier. Now, this wasn’t even a factor when I decided to come here, however recently I’ve been having a bad case of wanting summer.

My friends who go to other schools are most definitely not helping my situation. They all finish school within the next two weeks, and I’m sitting here counting down the days. There’s 28 left in case anyone was wondering.

Why might this school go so long into the month of May you ask? Well, it’s because they give students two months off for winter break all so that they can fit a winter session into that time. It all comes down to money.

The longer we stay in school, the more money they acquire. And I’m not saying I mind being at school. I love hanging out with my friends and I love the campus. It’s just the amount of work and exams I’m dealing with that I’d rather forgo.

Now, it might seem like I’m really hating on UD here. That’s not the case at all! I’m just getting a little grumpy with wishing for summer to come sooner rather than later. Maybe my summer mood was shifted into gear when we were given the beautiful weather a few weeks ago, and now we’re stuck with ‘meh’ weather until it changes again.

My mood definitely correlates with the weather. I don’t think I would mind being here if I could sit outside on the green and do my work with some friends while listening to music. The nice weather just brings out the happiness in all of us.

As I’m sitting writing this, the weather is bleak and windy and rain is in the forecast! Typical April weather. One way I have been getting through my ‘summer blues’ is listening to Bruce Springsteen. Yes, I am a Jersey girl through and through.

If anyone has passed my room in the last few days, you’re most likely to hear some Bruce and the E Street Band blasting from the other side of my door. It’s the little bit of summer that I can bring to dull Delaware this time of year.

Most recently I was listening to “Waitin On A Sunny Day”. I didn’t realize how much it applied to my summer longing until I was telling a friend about it. It not only pertains to this gray day here, but it also relates to my countdown until summer.

For me, Bruce is the way to get into the summer mood. There’s nothing like picturing driving over the bridge to the beach, seeing the ocean, and having ‘Born To Run’ blasting out of my car speakers.

I know anyone who is a beach bum like me is anxiously waiting for their sunny day. It will come soon enough, we just need to hold on a bit longer and chase the clouds away.